REMEs stand idly by?

Discussion in 'REME' started by catchyerselfon, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Men, women and children were ferried to safety and, ever mindful of local and religious protocol, local national women were helped by Afghan men while the REME [Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers] craftsman stood in the shallower water to assist. After everyone was moved to safety our efforts switched to the vehicles.

Well in the REMEs (although i guess there is a bit more to this in fairness)

2. Something's changed between your quote and what's currently displayed on that link - no mention of a REME Craftsman

3. Check the TRF. REME if I'm not mistaken. HCR LAD?
  4. I'm not disputing it's REME - I was referring to catchyerselfon's quote which indicated that it was a REME Craftsman who was in the shallow water - when according to the info on the link they posted it was in fact a REME WO2
  5. Nick was attached to HCR. He is now back in the UK recovering from injuries sustained during this incident.
  6. On Wednesday it was written as above i cut and pasted it in (im far too lazy to write it out).
    The little tinkers, wonder if someone up high had a whinge and it was changed.

If they have the power to take out Fugly who knows... HQ DEMOSSAD???

Glad it was changed, like i said i thought there was more to it!

(Speedy Recy to Mr Nick too from what Spaz said)
  7. He's ok I think, just knacked his legs a bit.
  8. @OP

What sort of abbreviation is that?

Thought there was a bit of mud slinging when I saw the thread title, but you managed a nice back pedal there. :)