REMEs stand idly by?

"Men, women and children were ferried to safety and, ever mindful of local and religious protocol, local national women were helped by Afghan men while the REME [Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers] craftsman stood in the shallower water to assist. After everyone was moved to safety our efforts switched to the vehicles.

Well in the REMEs (although i guess there is a bit more to this in fairness)

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...BritishTroopsRescueLocalAfghansFromFloods.htm

Something's changed between your quote and what's currently displayed on that link - no mention of a REME Craftsman

It was soon established that crossing through the water would be impossible. This was confirmed when WO2 Wright was swept into the fast-running water:

"I went to investigate, but the power of the water was immense," he said. "My feet were swept out from underneath me and I was swept into the muddy water. Thankfully I managed to swim to the vehicles and grab on top of the truck's cabin.

"The guys from the HCR worked hard with locals to set up a crane to rescue the people from their vehicles.

"Men, women and children were ferried to safety and, ever mindful of local and religious protocol, local national women were helped by Afghan men while I stood in the shallower water to assist. After everyone was moved to safety our efforts switched to the vehicles.
"It was hard-going but it was so rewarding to know that we helped save those locals with what must have been a terrifying situation for them. Especially since not many of them could swim."

The crowd that gathered to watch the recovery was testament to the effect that this goodwill act had. The local nationals were evidently delighted. Subsequent reporting indicated that the good news spread like wild fire with village elders in the north of the area praising the International Security Assistance Force.

Sumo said:
Something's changed between your quote and what's currently displayed on that link - no mention of a REME Craftsman

It was soon established that crossing through the water would be impossible. This was confirmed when WO2 Wright was swept into the fast-running water:

"I went to investigate, but the power of the water was immense," he said. "My feet were swept out from underneath me and I was swept into the muddy water. Thankfully I managed to swim to the vehicles and grab on top of the truck's cabin.

"The guys from the HCR worked hard with locals to set up a crane to rescue the people from their vehicles.

"Men, women and children were ferried to safety and, ever mindful of local and religious protocol, local national women were helped by Afghan men while I stood in the shallower water to assist. After everyone was moved to safety our efforts switched to the vehicles.
"It was hard-going but it was so rewarding to know that we helped save those locals with what must have been a terrifying situation for them. Especially since not many of them could swim."

The crowd that gathered to watch the recovery was testament to the effect that this goodwill act had. The local nationals were evidently delighted. Subsequent reporting indicated that the good news spread like wild fire with village elders in the north of the area praising the International Security Assistance Force.
Check the TRF. REME if I'm not mistaken. HCR LAD?

RIGRAT said:
Sumo said:

Check the TRF. REME if I'm not mistaken. HCR LAD?
I'm not disputing it's REME - I was referring to catchyerselfon's quote which indicated that it was a REME Craftsman who was in the shallow water - when according to the info on the link they posted it was in fact a REME WO2

On Wednesday it was written as above i cut and pasted it in (im far too lazy to write it out).
The little tinkers, wonder if someone up high had a whinge and it was changed.

If they have the power to take out Fugly who knows... HQ DEMOSSAD???

Glad it was changed, like i said i thought there was more to it!

(Speedy Recy to Mr Nick too from what Spaz said)

@OP

"REME's"

What sort of abbreviation is that?

Thought there was a bit of mud slinging when I saw the thread title, but you managed a nice back pedal there. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Charm_City US 54
Ned_Seagoon REME 24
F REME 2