Remembrancetide

Remembrancetide, as it's now called, begins tomorrow!
Buy those Poppies!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Bump!

I want one of those big feckin ones, you know, with all the leaves and shit!

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
I bought my first poppy last night. And had lost it by this morning... I normally go through 3-4 a week until Remembrance Sunday but I don't begrudge a single one.

Also saw my firt poppy on TV yesterday. Was one of the guests on the Alan Titchmarsh show, just don't know who. Good drills that random celeb.

Saw a mahoosive Poppy on the drive home tonight on the front of a Sainsbury's lorry. It was the biggest I've ever seen, the size of a really fat girls dinner plate...... and I want one. ( a big Poppy, not a fat girl )

Royal Hospital tomorow, so I will buy my first one of the year from there.

Finally found them this morning at the gym. So that's my first this year, and I have to get a new one each day. Funny but they don't stay fresh overnight, no matter how much watering I give them!

I've just ordered a tray in from the real world.................................hopefully should arrive on sunday

FFS! Another bone thread on purchasing poppies!

It's hardly as if we're gonna need reminding of the fact either!!

Markintime said:
smudge67 said:
FFS! Another bone thread on purchasing poppies!

It's hardly as if we're gonna need reminding of the fact either!!
Why is everyone so concerned with flowers all of a sudden? Is this something to do with heroin?
I believe that cocaine is the soldiers weapon of choice at the moment??

ugly

LE
Biped will you have a box in your shop? If not call me and we can talk!

thegimp said:
I've just ordered a tray in from the real world.................................hopefully should arrive on sunday
A Tray? The postman delivered another 4,000 ( err.. Poppies not trays!) of the fcukers yesterday, along with 25 altar poppies! A bit late..... I'd spent the night before stuffing 35 little boxes with the leftovers from last year.

In a couple of weeks time I'll be cursing the man who designed the 1 New Penny coin, pyjama buttons and foreign gelt - 'Counting' time!

Queensman said:
thegimp said:
A Tray? The postman delivered another 4,000 ( err.. Poppies not trays!) of the fcukers yesterday, along with 25 altar poppies! A bit late..... I'd spent the night before stuffing 35 little boxes with the leftovers from last year.

In a couple of weeks time I'll be cursing the man who designed the 1 New Penny coin, pyjama buttons and foreign gelt - 'Counting' time!
:D to be fair they are being delivered to Kazakhstan

Lest we forget.
Don't forget to update your Avatar's lads! :)

Markintime said:
smudge67 said:
slipperman said:
Lest we forget.
Don't forget to update your Avatar's lads! :)
Why?
Because then, if you're a really mean tightwad you can tell yourself you're doing something for the Haig Fund without actually spending a penny.
Oh I see. That makes sense. For a second I thought it meant that I would be more patriotic, and would remember them that little bit more, because I've bothered to spend 5 minutes of my dull life pasting a little poppy into my avatar.

Phew....thanks for that.

Latest Threads