Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Oct 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Remembrancetide, as it's now called, begins tomorrow!
    Buy those Poppies!
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

3. Just bought a poppy today.
  4. I want one of those big feckin ones, you know, with all the leaves and shit!
  5. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

I bought my first poppy last night. And had lost it by this morning... I normally go through 3-4 a week until Remembrance Sunday but I don't begrudge a single one.

Also saw my firt poppy on TV yesterday. Was one of the guests on the Alan Titchmarsh show, just don't know who. Good drills that random celeb.
  6. Saw a mahoosive Poppy on the drive home tonight on the front of a Sainsbury's lorry. It was the biggest I've ever seen, the size of a really fat girls dinner plate...... and I want one. ( a big Poppy, not a fat girl )

Royal Hospital tomorow, so I will buy my first one of the year from there.
  7. Finally found them this morning at the gym. So that's my first this year, and I have to get a new one each day. Funny but they don't stay fresh overnight, no matter how much watering I give them!
  8. I've just ordered a tray in from the real world.................................hopefully should arrive on sunday
  9. FFS! Another bone thread on purchasing poppies!

It's hardly as if we're gonna need reminding of the fact either!!

10. The trendies might call it that,but to me its still Remembrance Sunday
  11. Why is everyone so concerned with flowers all of a sudden? Is this something to do with heroin?
  12. I believe that cocaine is the soldiers weapon of choice at the moment??
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Biped will you have a box in your shop? If not call me and we can talk!
  14. A Tray? The postman delivered another 4,000 ( err.. Poppies not trays!) of the fcukers yesterday, along with 25 altar poppies! A bit late..... I'd spent the night before stuffing 35 little boxes with the leftovers from last year.

In a couple of weeks time I'll be cursing the man who designed the 1 New Penny coin, pyjama buttons and foreign gelt - 'Counting' time!
  15. :D to be fair they are being delivered to Kazakhstan