Remembrancetide

#1
Remembrancetide, as it's now called, begins tomorrow!
Buy those Poppies!
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
Bump!
 
#4
I want one of those big feckin ones, you know, with all the leaves and shit!
 

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
I bought my first poppy last night. And had lost it by this morning... I normally go through 3-4 a week until Remembrance Sunday but I don't begrudge a single one.

Also saw my firt poppy on TV yesterday. Was one of the guests on the Alan Titchmarsh show, just don't know who. Good drills that random celeb.
 
#6
Saw a mahoosive Poppy on the drive home tonight on the front of a Sainsbury's lorry. It was the biggest I've ever seen, the size of a really fat girls dinner plate...... and I want one. ( a big Poppy, not a fat girl )

Royal Hospital tomorow, so I will buy my first one of the year from there.
 
#7
Finally found them this morning at the gym. So that's my first this year, and I have to get a new one each day. Funny but they don't stay fresh overnight, no matter how much watering I give them!
 
#8
I've just ordered a tray in from the real world.................................hopefully should arrive on sunday
 
#9
FFS! Another bone thread on purchasing poppies!

It's hardly as if we're gonna need reminding of the fact either!!
 
#12
Markintime said:
smudge67 said:
FFS! Another bone thread on purchasing poppies!

It's hardly as if we're gonna need reminding of the fact either!!
Why is everyone so concerned with flowers all of a sudden? Is this something to do with heroin?
I believe that cocaine is the soldiers weapon of choice at the moment??
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#13
Biped will you have a box in your shop? If not call me and we can talk!
 
#14
thegimp said:
I've just ordered a tray in from the real world.................................hopefully should arrive on sunday
A Tray? The postman delivered another 4,000 ( err.. Poppies not trays!) of the fcukers yesterday, along with 25 altar poppies! A bit late..... I'd spent the night before stuffing 35 little boxes with the leftovers from last year.

In a couple of weeks time I'll be cursing the man who designed the 1 New Penny coin, pyjama buttons and foreign gelt - 'Counting' time!
 
#15
Queensman said:
thegimp said:
I've just ordered a tray in from the real world.................................hopefully should arrive on sunday
A Tray? The postman delivered another 4,000 ( err.. Poppies not trays!) of the fcukers yesterday, along with 25 altar poppies! A bit late..... I'd spent the night before stuffing 35 little boxes with the leftovers from last year.

In a couple of weeks time I'll be cursing the man who designed the 1 New Penny coin, pyjama buttons and foreign gelt - 'Counting' time!
:D to be fair they are being delivered to Kazakhstan
 
#16
Lest we forget.
Don't forget to update your Avatar's lads! :)
 
#19
Markintime said:
smudge67 said:
slipperman said:
Lest we forget.
Don't forget to update your Avatar's lads! :)
Why?
Because then, if you're a really mean tightwad you can tell yourself you're doing something for the Haig Fund without actually spending a penny.
Oh I see. That makes sense. For a second I thought it meant that I would be more patriotic, and would remember them that little bit more, because I've bothered to spend 5 minutes of my dull life pasting a little poppy into my avatar.

Phew....thanks for that.
 

Latest Threads

Top