Remembrance Sunday

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GRFC, Nov 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a question to ask where everyone is attending the parade? I for one allways try to attend one of the parades in Glasgow, most of the time at Glasgow University War Memorial Chapel, then afterwards back to my mates TAC (as my unit is based down south) to spoil the Old Un's for the rest of the day.

2. Ill be parading with my unit then back there for cheap bar!!!!!!

3. return to old boarding school, parade, rugby against 1st XV then beer

4. Will be parading at 2.30pm. No I don't know why its at that time. Bath City council for you

5. In France this year- very nice (although not really going to appreciate the kip in the minibus on the Eurotunnel). :?

Very interestingly we get to form the second guard with 1DWR forming 1. Erquinghem Lys is the place where one of our lads got the Victoria Cross in WW1. Also lots of free Timothy Taylors being spread about on the Saturday night after the parade. Not so sure I can stomach a lot of that though!

:wink:

6. in ipswich marching with old boys then rlc cooking them curry and then treat them to beers and giggles

7. In France this year- very nice (although not really going to appreciate the kip in the minibus on the Eurotunnel). :?

Very interestingly we get to form the second guard with 1DWR forming 1. Erquinghem Lys is the place where one of our lads got the Victoria Cross in WW1. Also lots of free Timothy Taylors being spread about on the Saturday night after the parade. Not so sure I can stomach a lot of that though!

:wink:

8. perhaps to put a different angle on this, where was the best hospitality you had on Remembrance Sunday?

The 2 that stick out for me were Leven RBL. We'd paraded there for the first time in many years do to relocation and the Company were invited back to the legion, the hospitality was fantastic (as it normally is at any Legion) but I particularly remeber it because the members were that pleased we'd been on parade and taken the time to come back to their when we could have cleared off back to the TAC.

The other time was slightly different. I was heading home late on the Sunday night when I popped into a pub near the Earl Haig home in Edinburgh still in rig. 3 guys in their blazers were sitting in the corner playing doms called me over and we chewed the cud for an hour or so. Good to pass the time tith these boys and hear and try to appreciate their stories.