Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

remembrance sunday at the cenotaph

atmycommand

Old Salt
Ive the huge honour of escourting my great uncle at the cenotaph this year.

Im still serving so my natural though of dress was FAD. Ive since been informed that only one other member of the group im marching with will be in uniform. Im very consious that this day isnt for us still around so with that in mind, uniform or suit

Cheers AMC

take a coat/mac as well sods law it will rain or drizzle while you are all lining up ready to go. and the hip flask of course, one into the bank to warm up.

No medals. If you are still serving and want to wear medals you should wear uniform. There is no order of dress for wearing medals with civilian clothes.

I would say uniform,I was at the Cenotaph in 2001 and wore a blazer as we were told squads of mixed uniform/blazer not allowed. That is all I saw! Hip flask a definate!!!

Many moons ago I was asked by the local Burma Star Association to join their contingent in No. 2s at the Cenotaph.

A very humbling experience but great honour considering what those guys had endured.