Remembrance Poppy

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by ViroBono, Nov 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

2. In Flanders' Fields
    John McCrae, 1915

In Flanders' fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place: and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders' fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe;
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high,
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders' Fields.
  3. The above link to the British legion site shouldn't be used in your signature without permission. Save the image and upload it to your own web host.
  4. Manchestercop, to be honest I know you are speaking from a legal standpoint. but I am 110% sure the RBL would be honoured that some of us still pay our respects, we are not America thankfully, I don't think for a second anyone from the legion will be upset with comrades displaying their poppies on here with pride too.
  5. But the Bandwidth we're leeching from them still has to be paid for.They need every Penny.

Therefore, it would be preferable if you are hotlinking to the RBL site to display the banner, to move it to another location, and link to the donations page on the RBL site,

They should be ok with that, I'll speak to them on Monday again anyway.
  6. You need to have register with them (RBL) in order to get access to the downloads and put down the site where it is being displayed.
  7. Just spoke to a rather nice lady who said 'Will you make a donation?' to which i replied 'Yes', and she replied 'Well in that case if you also show a link to our site that'll be fine, thank you for showing you care. Goodbye.'

Good enough for me and donation done.

Beebs x
  8. My point exactly, make a donation and host it somewhere else aswell.
  9. exactly

Now all of you stop bitching about it, work out how much you would have earned whilst you were arguing with each other, triple it and cough it up you petty c*nts.
  10. If anyone wants me to host the link for them PM me, and i'll do it. For a donation to the RBL , obviously.
  11. What's the going rate now for a serving bod? Is it still a days pay? :oops:
  12. I don't know about other units, but mine cost me €10. €5 for ORs, €10 for SNCOs and €15 for Officers.