Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CS95 - Shirt/Trousers

• Lets issue No 2 dress to everyone.

• Something else entirely...

• Total voters
Another year, another parade, and yet again we'll all look a bag of sh*t because someone somewhere in the hierarchy insists on wearing CS95 jackets.

In my opinion, it is almost impossible to get these to look smart regardless of time spent with iron in hand. Next to the other units in town, we'll look like a joke.

Any other opinons?

The way I look at it at least we are turning out.

I'm sure there's better things to spend money on than No2 dress.

Like training

We parade in No1 dress Blues, the Sqn has managed to get nearly everyone a set, and continues to get more as needed. Soldiers are expected to look after it, but as it gets worn on few occasions it lasts, my set is dated 1954!

Better than barrack dress i suppose
Nope, sorry!!!!

As a fully paid up member of the rupertry I paraded in No2's while my Jocks only had 95'. We only have a limited supply and, as jockanese, they required a tailored fit (not like your bus conductors outfits, nudge wink!).

The RA ACF paraded in barrack dress trousers and their regimental jerseys and looked better than my troops in '95.

As for
Are you mad!! The FAS dudes must love you. They only want to take away our regimental names, you want to take our individuality and sense of historical pride!!!

Corps perhaps Part-timer????????

All the TA paraded in C95 shirts, the NRPS wore suits and ALL the regs/PSI's wore No 2's.
Glad to see the one army concept was working well again

dress is a bit of a sore point. but the emphasis should be on attendance. 40 odd guys on parade instead of the usual 20. hopefully individual units will see the light an get NO2's, but lets not hold our breath.

anyone else think rememberance parade should be compulsary...I.E a bounty qualification?? (TA)

wee_mark931 said:
dress is a bit of a sore point. but the emphasis should be on attendance. 40 odd guys on parade instead of the usual 20. hopefully individual units will see the light an get NO2's, but lets not hold our breath.

anyone else think rememberance parade should be compulsary...I.E a bounty qualification?? (TA)
(Trivial TA facts No 73) Remembrance was virtually a bounty qualification in the days before pay into bank. I understand that bounty was in two parts - training and liability - the smaller of which was paid out after remembrance parade. This was the main reason for remembrance being at one time regarded as a major urine-up for the TA.

JSPrest said:
As for
Are you mad!! The FAS dudes must love you. They only want to take away our regimental names, you want to take our individuality and sense of historical pride!!!
No. I suggested that more money is spent on training. I recall in my dim and dark past we had No2's, lighweights, SLRs and 10 rounds per man for a weekend.

Now we have a uniform of some utility, boots that some people even wear on ops, that still looks better than lightweights and a green shirt.

I know you like any excuse to get your skirts out, but maybe we ought to be campaigning for a second issue smock before we start bleating for dress uniforms.

Try being individual and showing unit pride when its minus ten outside and you don't have a day off to get your one stinking 95 smock laundered.

Corps perhaps Part-timer????????
No...

F

fozzy

polar said:
All the TA paraded in C95 shirts, the NRPS wore suits and ALL the regs/PSI's wore No 2's.
My unit issued No2's to all TA soldiers until 3 years ago, when they were withdrawn and had to be handed in. Only seniors kept them. What pisses me and the Toms off is that the withdrawn uniforms are still sitting in stores... :roll:

come_to_arrest_the_zulus said:
Part_Timer said:
JSPrest said:
Try being individual and showing unit pride when its minus ten outside and you don't have a day off to get your one stinking 95 smock laundered.
buy a field smock or wash it yourself
Thank you for the QM's DS solution. :roll:

Imagine working at macdonalds and being told to go downtown to the mcsurplus shop to get the work togs your expected to wear

fozzy said:
polar said:
My unit issued No2's to all TA soldiers until 3 years ago,quote]

same here, but a lot of us lost them :roll:

part timer - I think its accepted that we have to provide a lot of our own kit if you want the comfortable life. softies, gas stoves, sas smocks, lowas etc

it costs a lot but can you really put a price on comfort in the field? ;)

On my Remembrance Day parade the good thing is that we had a good turn out by my squadron, the bad thing is though that we parade with the Sea and RM cadets, who both wear formal dress ie No 1`s for the RM bods and that bell bottomed rig for the Sea Cadets. :oops:

How come the money can be found for the kids orginisations yet my people (a good 50% of which have operational tours under their belt) still look like stig of the dump? :x

PartTimer said:
Imagine working at macdonalds and being told to go downtown to the mcsurplus shop to get the work togs your expected to wear.
I've always found that view a bit weird.

When you were a kid, did you wear only the school uniform outside, no matter how cold it got? Did your school issue you with something to write with or did you pinch a pen from the stationery cupboard? Only ever use the free books?

In your real job, don't you ever buy bits of kit to help you do it better, or to make it more enjoyable?

Fact is, it's great that for bargain prices a few quid can make this part-time soldiering malarkey a damn sight easier. So much so that there's a whole forum on this site dedicated to the subject.

And yes, I have been on the happy juice. Or maybe it's because we all paraded in No.2s. :D

Japster said:
How come the money can be found for the kids orginisations yet my people (a good 50% of which have operational tours under their belt) still look like stig of the dump? :x
I may sound like the eternal optimist, but look at it this way: to the ordinary non-military pippil of Brittin, someone in C95 looks like a soldier, someone in No.2s looks like they are straight out of Blackadder and someone in Blues looks like a Commissionaire.

Ok, its Kosovo, its fricking freezing outside, the CO of the bn I was attached to was G1098 crazy, and I'd been issued some shiny new 95 kit - 3 sets of trousers and lightweight jackets, but only one f*cking smock.

I was expected to wear only issue equipment - why aren't troops issued sufficient?

I'll turn this one on its head. Why don't all you good people who want to look pretty on parade (once a year) go and buy your own no2's? Then just like on exercise you can look different to all the crows in their 95's?

:lol: