Remembrance Parade do's / dont's

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by pull.it.in, Nov 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening Arrsers,

After a little advise. During rememberance parade does an OR, obviously in uniform, salute? I am refuring to a parade at a local village, not a Regt thing. Therefore I could be one, of few, in uniform. If I do salute, is it during the 'silence' or during the Last Post..Or both????

Thanks in advance

P.i.i

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Wah shield on:

ORs don't salute as part of the service but should pay compliments as usual when in uniform. Come to attention on the first note of the Last Post, hold through the silence, at ease on the sounding of Reveille.

Alternatively, go for this look - the old 'uns love it!

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq46/mamaliz50/benny_hill.jpg

3. Playing the last post on a Kazoo is frowned on.

4. More advice:

Do: Listen to the old soldiers' war stories. You might learn something, and they'll enjoy bending your ear.

Don't: Munch on a stick of crunchy celery during the silence. It's considered bad form.

5. No wah..Thanks..

6. If not formed up, with headdress on etc, I thought you chopped one off during last post/national anthem???

7. Do: Take a slash on the memorial when leathered, it's all the rage nowadays

8. Have I told anyone the story about when I had a shit on the Cenotaph in Porthmadog?

Happy days!;-)

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Never seen it done like that, but would not argue the point - as you said, no-one will care.

10. throw one up at Last post or the silence???????

11. ^~^~
    cachwr... Now, if you'd said "in Llangefni", that wouldn't be too bad!^~

12. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Don't fecking chatter like certain Nepalese did whilst at attention during the Armed Forces Parade in the summer. Lovely blokes, hard as feck, but bloomin noisy. Also, if there's a do at the Legion later make sure you race there because by the time I got to the Woking Railway Men's Club their families had scoffed all the chicken drumsticks and the decent sarnies. All I got was a horror bag sausage roll and curled up ham sarnie.

13. Don't turn up at the RV with the standard at 1015, instead of 0945. Honestly you would think I had raped the vicar...