Remembrance Headgear

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Pronto_Mike_Uniform, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A small question. When attending remembrance parades, what headgear do the old and bold wear?

Do you wear the headgear you served in (colour, style badge layout etc) or do you use the updated version (perhaps different colour to that which your wore while serving, new badges, whole new unit headgear etc)?

I never wore a backing patch on my beret whilst serving but the regiment does now. Should I start sewing or simply wear my own, old beret?

Cheers all.
  2. Wear your old headress.
  3. With pride!
  4. This is this season's new look, watch the delight on the ol' boys faces![​IMG]
  5. I would wear whatever headdress you wore when you served, its good to see all different quirks and changes of uniform through the years when a good mixture of veterans turn up.
  6. I didn't think I could wear my Dad's old uniform :):)
  7. PMU, just wear what you have and as said with pride
  8. Thanks All, will go with my old beret and keep away from the blue/red/blue patch. JB, do you have a 57 variety name and sell Beemers? If you do, then last time we met (in Portsmouth) you accused me of having gotten fat and old (quite accurately):-D:-D:-D