Remembrance Day - Making it Personal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Soldier_Why, Nov 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Phil Cross and Taff Pantry - Rest in peace lads. :cry:

Edited to Add - If anyone else wishes to use this thread to place their own condolences then please feel free.
  2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I was at the Remembrance Parade when the above memorial was unveiled - very moving, and a fitting tribute to two fine men.
  3. Are these the two that were killed by a bomb planted under the hospital? Tragic how it happened. RIP lads.
  4. thanks archbishop, a useful site, even for us presbyterians :wink: , I was looking recently for a particular regimental collect but next time I will know where to look for such things.
  5. a friend of mine

15 JUN 1988
    Aged 20, RAOC, one of six soldiers killed by an IRA bomb as they prepared to return to barracks
    after a charity fun run in Lisburn, Antrim. The soldiers were using a civilian minibus which was
    booby trapped by the IRA with a large semtex device. The explosive had been moulded into a
    cone shape to maximised the killing power.

RIP mate
  6. What a splendid Festival of Remembrance this year. Still on.
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Indeed. As always, the War Widows bring a lump to the throat. The WW1 and WW2 veterans are incredible.
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I couldn't receive the Festival of Rembrance - did anyone manage to tape it ?
  9. Pte Carl "Ted" Moult 8 pl C coy 26/02/91

10. Isn't it repeated on Sunday night?
  11. Gary R............. 1 RRF, Bosnia

Loz L...........Bosnia, RAMC

Chris R........... 1 PWRR, Iraq
  12. Hells teeth Cutaway, what kind of tactical satellite comms are you using