Remembrance Day - Making it Personal

Phil Cross and Taff Pantry - Rest in peace lads. :cry:

Edited to Add - If anyone else wishes to use this thread to place their own condolences then please feel free.

a friend of mine

L/CORPORAL DEREK W GREEN
15 JUN 1988
Aged 20, RAOC, one of six soldiers killed by an IRA bomb as they prepared to return to barracks
after a charity fun run in Lisburn, Antrim. The soldiers were using a civilian minibus which was
booby trapped by the IRA with a large semtex device. The explosive had been moulded into a
cone shape to maximised the killing power.

RIP mate

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I couldn't receive the Festival of Rembrance - did anyone manage to tape it ?

And for reasons known only to me a man I never knew Pte Ivor Rowberry Signals pltn 2 South Staffords (Airborne) Arnhem Holland 1944

RIP

ICH DIEN

For whatever reason............a nice idea.............why dont all recruits get given a fallen comrade to remember................nothing financial to commit to just keeping the memory alive?

Letterwritingman said:
For whatever reason............a nice idea.............why dont all recruits get given a fallen comrade to remember................nothing financial to commit to just keeping the memory alive?

Now that LWM sounds like a plan,but of course, not quite PC in this years British Army ............. call me old fashioned :twisted:

As this is a personal and unofficial thread, remembering the interpreters and other local staff we have lost in the Balkans, and more recently in Iraq. They were proud to work with us. Without them, we could never have achieved what we did.

Primo Levi mentions in The Truce, a child called Hurbineck, "a nobody, a child of death, a child of Auschwitz" who died aged 3 or thereabouts as the result of massive debilitation and disability caused or exacerbated by imprisonment in the concentration camp where he was born.

There would have been many more such victims if it was not for the sacrifices made by those who answer the call and who still do.

Latest Threads