Remembrance Day binned

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
I knew JB as PWRR, and being an ex Donkey Walloper/Scaley would have thought the distinction was silver tapes for L/Sgt & gold for Sgt! We didn't really go in for sashes in the Units with which I served.
I believe that the White Vs Gold chevron difference only features on Full Dress uniforms (i.e. Scarlet tunics). The No.2 Dress, specified for Remembrance ceremonies, use the same white on khaki felt for both.

I believe that the White Vs Gold chevron difference only features on Full Dress uniforms (i.e. Scarlet tunics). The No.2 Dress, specified for Remembrance ceremonies, use the same white on khaki felt for both.
Right y'are. I work with the Woodentops every year for LPD (I go to add tone to a vulgar brawl) and still don't get them.

I asked how to tell the difference between a L/Sgt and Sgt in PCS (or whatever the current combat kit is) & was told the silver/gold distinction held but was b-uggered if I could see it. Change of spectacle prescription may be in order...

Does anyone know what sash Sgt Speakman VC is wearing in the 2016 photo? It doesn't appear to be a sergeants' sash
The sash appears to be part (along with the star that Sgt Speakman is wearing) of the award of the Republic of Korea Order of Military Merit First Class presented to him, presumably by the South Korean Government.

There's very little about it on the web but here's a photo from The Gentlemen's Military Interest Club;

People still waste their time doing the church bit of the Remembrance Parade? Why?

Go to the memorial, do the two minutes at 11, go home/to the pub/wherever and leave the god botherers to do whatever they want.