Remembrance and Corporates - good news

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Plastic Yank, Nov 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can i just say how impressed i am to find out that our Company (Top 10 FTSE) is holding its own Wreath laying ceremony at the local Cenotaph!

The CEO is laying the wreath and all employees are encourage to attend or observe the silence, which will be conveyed over the internal system.

After some of the rubbish things i have read regarding some companies, anyone else got some encouraging stories that UK plc has not Forgotten the Fallen?
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Will that be on the 11th? I want to know if anything will be held at The Borough Market site or will I go to London Bridge Stn?
  3. Yes anyone know what things are on on Friday and where
  4. sorry for taking so long.

on the 11th at Canary Wharf, will find out full details when i get back to the office tomorrow.

I also seem to remember (from past years) or services at Liverpool Str Station and will probably be one around Lloyds of London!

will update when i know more.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

6. I, for one, shall be respecting the silence at the Memorial outside the Royal Exchange. We usually get a good number of people from the Bank and assorted other offices.
  7. I will be at Westminster Abbey on Friday
  8. I didn't know that there was a gathering there. I'll be there, I'm the one with the short receding hair, suit and poppy.
  9. Canary Wharf event at the War Memorial on the North Promenade.

Lloyd's (bless em) is holding its service, in the main underwriting room, by the Rostrum at 10.55

the market will be asked to remain silent during the service.