Rememberance Sunday

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by MedievalMan, Oct 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First Rememberance Sunday after leaving in April this year.

What is the etiquette for ex military at the Cenataph, medals on the left/right etc?

I know it is a silly question but being my first one I want to pay my respects in the right manner.

2. If they're yours on the left, if they're a relatives on the right. If they're off ebay- leave 'em in a box.
  3. If they're from e-bay why would he even have them :x
  4. Some do....remember the 'Blade' with the Purple Heart?

It wasn't aimed directly at MM- whom I don't know from Adam,but at any would be walt gong wearers surfing through.
  5. Yeah, sorry if that was a bit too quick off the mark; third cup of coffee already! What occured with the Blade?
  6. Totally outed by Arrser's. He also received a deserved proportion of humiliation in the press at the time. Keep your eyes peeled it's almost the height of the Walting season and they'll all be out
  7. MM. Recommend a good overcoat, gloves and a hip flask! Lots of standing around before, during and after the parade ... can be a bit nippy! :D
  8. Talking about Remembrance, with the British contingent nigh on gone from Bosnia especially the Sappers, are there any Units out there who intend to visit the 3 RE Memorial Sites - Gornji Vakuf, Bugojno and Stari-Vitez? this was always done by the resident RE Sqn with the RE EOD Dets...
  9. As someone who works overseas I contacted the local British Embassy to see if they helped distribute poppies. I was delighted to hear that I can collect a box and colection tin this afternoon for the company that I work for.

Made my day.