Rememberance Sunday Telly

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DPM_Sheep, Nov 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couple of heads up for some good telly tonight.

BBC1 1750: Jeremy Paxman hosts a documentary on Wilfred Owen.

BBC2 1850: The Cenotaph Coverage

ITV 2100: My Boy Jack Drama about Rudyard and John Kipling.

And if you're wanting a break from your dusty living room... Top Gear is on BBC2 at 2000.
  2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just got in & watching the sky+'d coverage. Apparently the are more people than ever at the Cenotaph. I'm hoping of going to London for next years rememberance day.Good drills. Lest we forget.
  3. Just got back from the new memorial in Staffs. God, that wind dont half make your eyes water.
    Enjoyed the service and the march past and even a fly past with a Dakota ( I think!!). It was definately a fly past, just not sure of the aircraft.
    I came on to ask if any one knew if there would be any coverage of the Cenotaph but as you can see DPM already had that covered.
  4. Took over half an hour to get through security this year. But well worth it.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Tonight on utv @ 2240hrs is a documentary to mark the 20th anniversary of the poppy day bombing. Like most of us l had forgotten about this & l have not heard of it in the media.
  6. Another chance to see this documentary, it was on CH4 earlier in the week:
    series 1 - episode 2 of 4

Ian Hislop discovers the impact World War One had on the class system in Britain. The deaths of so many landed gentry left holes in the ranks of the officers, which were filled by middle-class men. However, the new recruits often had a difficult time in the officers' mess and were labelled `temporary gentlemen' by their working-class colleagues. Started at 1830hrs for a hour.
  7. Also at 20:00 on BBC4 What did you do in the war Daddy