"...remember Tony Blair"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jan 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4663748.stm

'Killed' al-Zawahiri said:

2. So what, they always spout inflamitary retoric. Why should we take any notice now?
  3. Any comment to make on that article Kagey? What is your point?
    The guys going out there will no doubt be aware of what they are facing, and like most Brit Mil will shrug it off.
  4. My post is really an untold question - 'are you afraid?'. Fear is a normal reaction to any threat and only idiots (including some politicians and generals) don't fear to be killed, tortured and mutilated.

You and I believe many other brave British soldiers place their noble duty to bring freedom to peoples of Iraq and Afghanistan higher than even a possibility to be killed and ignore threats by old moron.

But are his threats empty or real? Do you agree that even half dozen of mutilated bodies of British servicemen would be very painfull outcome?
  5. Sergey!

Of course al-Zawahiri's threats are "real". He and his like will continue to take every opportunity to attack coalition soldiers.

Of course "even half dozen of mutilated bodies of British servicemen would be very painfull outcome".

This is not the first time that British soldiers have faced such risks. They will do their job as they always have. Do not make the mistake of reading free speech on forums such as this and seeing things which are not there.

regards to Moscow!
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Glad to see you've made it to your terminal Sergey - beginning to worry that the crisp weather in MockBa was keeping you from your post.....

Threats from the enemy have never particularly worried Pte Atkins - I see no reason to think that he's about to start now.

The ones who DO worry are the people at home - and giving w4nkers (how do you say that in Russian?) like Zahairy air-time doesn't help much.

This is more apposite: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4435934.stm

Le Chevre
  7. I was in Bashkortostan (1200 km from Moscow). Sunshine, -32..-37C. Weather in Moscow now is not too severe, only -16. My friends from Siberia said that there was -53C in Nizhnevartovsk recently.

As to this old w1nker Zawahiri then there is a lot Russian words, KHUYESOS for example (complex word derived from 'to suck' and the name of one vital organ).

Out of the theme, just have heard interview with British ambassador on radio "Echo of Moscow". My question to him (placed on the web-site) was made. I asked how much money the UK pays to Russian NGOs (non governmental organisations) and has it been approved by British parliament.

As to the money then they were given from FCO budget (sum was not sounded). According to recently passed law Russian government has right to know this information. I think it is fair.
  8. Was so long since we heard from you Sergey that I was worried that your plastic rock was out of order. :wink:
  9. "Do you want to know where I am? I am among the Muslim masses."

Well at least that narrows the target area down a little!
  10. Now we will... sorry I will, I will rock you.
  11. Bashkortostan eh? That's pretty near your muslim masses is it not?
  12. Close enough for the USAF given past experience... Whats Russian for TAKE COVER! ...... ?
  13. Bashkirs are traditionally Moslems but too few really attend to Mosque. I visited small town Yanaul and haven't seen Mosque there. I knew one Bashkirian in Siberia who once drunk 1 liter of vodka in few minutes. I doubt that you can find even one Moslem in Iraq who is able to repeat it.

Btw, local Bashkirian vodka is extremely good. During my trip I drink 350ml each evening (one 0.7L bottle for two days) without any problems (it was cold). Such a modest quantity is enough for good appetite and stimulates productive work.
  14. Yanaul? That's an oilfield, isn't it? (fills in a box on KGB Rez's file)
  15. Yes, there is oil there. I supervised installation of equipment on local power-substation that feeds oil-pumps.