Remember the plod FO that shot a guy at a training day?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Jan 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I remember the story. It made me laugh.

2. Thanks softy.

3. Get shot by a stupid plod =six figure compensationpayout
    Get shot by a Terrorist = Sweet F*** all compensation, just a shitty war pension

4. 'Get shot by a stupid plod =six figure compensationpayout
    Get shot by a Terrorist = Sweet F*** all compensation, just a shitty war pension'

Tropper, whilst I generally agree with you on the amount of compensation, if the plod had been a squaddie and done a fraction of what he'd done, him and the Army would part company sharpish.

Consider this:
    Ammunition kept routinely in a Quality Street tin in a desk drawer, not in a magazine,
    Blank and live ammo kept in the tin together, with no indication as to which was which,
    Pointing the loaded weapon at someone (the words hammered into me come back to haunt 'NEVER point a weapon at anyone unless it is loaded and you intend to use it'),
    Lastly, pulling the trigger, not knowing whether he had live or blank ammo in the chamber.

In a case like this, wouldn't YOU want a stack of compo - if only to stop this sort of thing happening in future.

This incident, and others like it, only serve to give the impression (held by many unarmed Police Officers) that the firearms squad are a bunch of cowboys who shouldn't be let out on the streets with a firearm.

5. And a lifetime of boring the arse of any poor sod who wanders past.

6. Couldn't agree with you more. The drills of the police officer in question were appalling.

7. THat the gun unloaded be
    Matters not a thing to me
    All the pheasant ever bred,
    Would not replace one man dead.

8. Seconded!

9. :D

10. No Hoax, I believe it's on youtube. As I recall, he wasn't a firearms instructor, but an ATF or INS agent. And just before the self administered "Poor Man's Arthroscopy" He said "I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle the Glock 20" or some such....

11. Its a hoax. No way you get that little recoil when your arm isn't braced to expect the shot. There's also no way that even an american agent would use a bombed up weapon in a demonstration. I imagine the point was to scare the kids into thinking that guns are dangerous even if you know what you're doing.

12. This him?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE3QAeYRk-A

13. My bold. Have you read the BBC article(s) in question on this thread? If we've got moronic plod firearms officers over here, the Septics certainly have their fair share too.