Remember the plod FO that shot a guy at a training day?

Get shot by a stupid plod =six figure compensationpayout
Get shot by a Terrorist = Sweet F*** all compensation, just a shitty war pension

'Get shot by a stupid plod =six figure compensationpayout
Get shot by a Terrorist = Sweet F*** all compensation, just a shitty war pension'

Tropper, whilst I generally agree with you on the amount of compensation, if the plod had been a squaddie and done a fraction of what he'd done, him and the Army would part company sharpish.

Consider this:
Ammunition kept routinely in a Quality Street tin in a desk drawer, not in a magazine,
Blank and live ammo kept in the tin together, with no indication as to which was which,
Pointing the loaded weapon at someone (the words hammered into me come back to haunt 'NEVER point a weapon at anyone unless it is loaded and you intend to use it'),
Lastly, pulling the trigger, not knowing whether he had live or blank ammo in the chamber.

In a case like this, wouldn't YOU want a stack of compo - if only to stop this sort of thing happening in future.

This incident, and others like it, only serve to give the impression (held by many unarmed Police Officers) that the firearms squad are a bunch of cowboys who shouldn't be let out on the streets with a firearm.

tropper66 said:
Get shot by a Terrorist = Sweet F*** all compensation, just a shitty war pension
And a lifetime of boring the arse of any poor sod who wanders past.

mnairb said:
Get shot by a Terrorist = Sweet F*** all compensation, just a shitty war pension'

Tropper, whilst I generally agree with you on the amount of compensation, if the plod had been a squaddie and done a fraction of what he'd done, him and the Army would part company sharpish.

Consider this:
Ammunition kept routinely in a Quality Street tin in a desk drawer, not in a magazine,
Blank and live ammo kept in the tin together, with no indication as to which was which,
Pointing the loaded weapon at someone (the words hammered into me come back to haunt 'NEVER point a weapon at anyone unless it is loaded and you intend to use it'),
Lastly, pulling the trigger, not knowing whether he had live or blank ammo in the chamber.

In a case like this, wouldn't YOU want a stack of compo - if only to stop this sort of thing happening in future.

This incident, and others like it, only serve to give the impression (held by many unarmed Police Officers) that the firearms squad are a bunch of cowboys who shouldn't be let out on the streets with a firearm.
Couldn't agree with you more. The drills of the police officer in question were appalling.

THat the gun unloaded be
Matters not a thing to me
All the pheasant ever bred,
Would not replace one man dead.

mnairb said:

Consider this:

Seconded!

Carcass said:
tropper66 said:
And a lifetime of boring the arse of any poor sod who wanders past.
:D

Mr_Deputy said:
What happened to the black US firearms officer who shot himself in a classroom lesson? Or was that a hoax?
No Hoax, I believe it's on youtube. As I recall, he wasn't a firearms instructor, but an ATF or INS agent. And just before the self administered "Poor Man's Arthroscopy" He said "I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle the Glock 20" or some such....

Billy_Boogers said:
Mr_Deputy said:
What happened to the black US firearms officer who shot himself in a classroom lesson? Or was that a hoax?
No Hoax, I believe it's on youtube. As I recall, he wasn't a firearms instructor, but an ATF or INS agent. And just before the self administered "Poor Man's Arthroscopy" He said "I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle the Glock 20" or some such....

Its a hoax. No way you get that little recoil when your arm isn't braced to expect the shot. There's also no way that even an american agent would use a bombed up weapon in a demonstration. I imagine the point was to scare the kids into thinking that guns are dangerous even if you know what you're doing.

Billy_Boogers said:
Mr_Deputy said:
This him?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE3QAeYRk-A

jew_unit said:
Billy_Boogers said:
Mr_Deputy said:

There's also no way that even an american agent would use a bombed up weapon in a demonstration.
My bold. Have you read the BBC article(s) in question on this thread? If we've got moronic plod firearms officers over here, the Septics certainly have their fair share too.

What happened that fateful day was no doubt an act of stupidity, fortunatly the injured party survived and had rightfully recieved a healthy compensation package. The officer has been dealt with and the force has been fined. The officer is no longer serving.
Most who have seen my posts on this and similar Fu@k ups know that I do not . What I will not put up with is the assumption that we are anything less than proffessional in what we/I as a firearms officers and instructors achieve. I was in the Greenjackets for 8 years before being a copper so have had a foot in both camps, I am immensly proud of my Army time as I am of the 26 years I have spent in the blue. I have seen good and bad in both but having been on both at least I am qualified to criticise what I Know about. I fully expect a broadside for this post, but I don't care. If it helps you get over your speeding fine then so be it.

It would appear that wounded police are much better off,financially, that a soldier wiith a similar wound,inflicted by his comrades-or the enemy!

tropper66 said:

No way!!
Give us one example where that happened 8O

jew_unit said:
Billy_Boogers said:
Mr_Deputy said:

Its a hoax. No way you get that little recoil when your arm isn't braced to expect the shot. There's also no way that even an american agent would use a bombed up weapon in a demonstration. I imagine the point was to scare the kids into thinking that guns are dangerous even if you know what you're doing.
Is this a wah? Nothing fake about it. There clearly is some recoil visible, but in any case his wrist is already locked against the recoil as he's easing springs when the thing goes off. And he's got surplus wrist muscles, by the look of him.

He tried to sue the DEA for leaking the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvtWVSbEYA