Remember the Booties who were not coming out of their bases?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sven, Nov 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably more balanced, but I can't help being annoyed by the facial hair sported by troops in Afghanistan.

I really don't believe that the locals are impressed, even if in their culture the wearing of a big beard engenders respect. They are probably also intelligent enough to know that this not an aspect of our culture (esp the military one) and may even despise us for pandering to them.
  2. Do ginger beards gain respect too?
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Yes they do, apparently - it's the smell of pish that spoils it...
  4. Welldone Sven,

that's quite a good blog from the man from the beeb. Should keep us upto date with what the booties are upto.

Best of luck guys!
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

This nothing new. Look at all the photos of the SAS in North Africa or LRDG all have beards of some desciption. I had one over 30 years ago in another desert, no big deal at the time & I had more water to drink.
  6. Good for clearing plaque when gargled, surely...
  7. What type of vehicle is that they're using? Unimog variant?
  8. yep, good blog. been following it since friday (or was that thursday?) when i found it.

forgot to link you guys to it being a sel-centered t.wat. :oops:
  9. Didn't 3 Para stop shaving cos they were almost out of water thanks to the ongoing failure of the MOD to equip the troops properly? Thought the respect for local culture angle was just a cover story?
  10. Pinzgauer 4x4 stripped down.
  11. Hah the jorno isn't allowed matches after he nearly set fire to half the convoy.
  12. Wish someone would set this cnut on fire :wink: