REME VM POSTINGS

Discussion in 'REME' started by macclad1988, Jan 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi everyone, i start basic training on the 22nd march, as a reme vm.

im currently trying to find out where i could be posted to once i complete trade training, however, im fnot having any luck in finding this info!!

can anyone help?

p.s any tips for basics and trade training?>

thanks everyone.

2. You could be posted pretty much anywhere as a B mech.

Not as wide for an A mech, but still far too many options to list.

Oh, except to the Light Infantry, as they travel 'light' and don't require vehicles.

3. Tips - yup, don't ask bone questions.

4. Postings - Any regiment in the British army.

Basic - Chin up, its only 14 weeks, things get easier after.

Bordon - Boredom, Booze and Fruit Machines.

5. Fixed that for you matey. :)

6. Showing your age there!

The Rifles use a range of vehicles from WARRIOR down to LR, but then even their predecessors the Light Infantry did as well in all Bn roles.

7. GO TO GERMANY.and have some fun before we all get withdrawn from there, not exactly what it used to be like but still a good scream on the lash

8. brilliant guys, thanks very much.

so could i put in a preference to be attached to the Mercian (cheshire) regiment after i pass my trade training?

haha bordon sounds great!!!!

9. You could put this in as a preference but I'm guessing that it is so you are close to home? I know loads of people that have done this but you should get out and enjoy the world a bit first. Give Germany a go, if the rumours are to be believed we are leaving here soon so take the opportunity while you can. You will be posted every 2 years as a class 3/2 I believe then every 3 years as a class 1 so you can always aim off to go nearer home later on.

10. The mercians are in Germany

11. Thanks for that. I was taking the pish. I know exactly what the Rifles do since I spent quite some time in the Army with them.

12. 3 Mercians are in Germany, he said Cheshire's or 1 Mercians. they are in Catterick :)

13. Cheers for that, thought I was going to have to offer a grovelling apology there.

14. brilliant, thanks for some excellent help here!!! germany sounds good!!!

15. Germany IS good. Just don't stay in the block and become a Facebook addict.