• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

REME VM(B) Qualifications

Hi guys,

I left the REME in 2010 as a class 2 VM. Unfortunately since then I lost all me qualification certificates in a car crash (I forgot they were tucked in behind my drivers seat when it got towed off for scrap).

Anyways I was hoping there would be a kind soul out there that could perhaps have a look at their certificates and just let me know which quals I would have gained and which governing body I would need to speak to for replacement certificates.

I went through Bordon in 2005, so if anything changed since then the quake may be different for new lads I'm guessing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

If you speak to the validation cell at SEME they should be able to help with regard to replacement certificates.

VM Validation officer 01420 485595

Thanks for the speedy response.

Tried ringing but getting no answer so far but I'll keep trying. Just rewriting my CV so that's all I need it for really. Hate me job! Haha

For B Mechs I think you get
City & Guilds Level 3 in Squatting to Piss
Level 1 in Toffee hammer techniques
Level 2 Girl Guides Quals
NVQ in staying warm on exercise.

As Spaz says The validation office should be able to help get your old Certs.

Thanks for the help Spaz but I was unable to get hold of him. Probably due to it being a Friday.

I'll try again next week, if anyone else could help in the meantime that would be great.

Hahaha I'm guessing your an A mech then...
Once upon a time Mr Iron was a B mech and I do believe he was extemely proud of that fact by telling wannabe A mechs that he knew to FO pretty much every time he got the chance.
He must have opted for the necessary lobotomy to qualify. :)

Pretty sure I have you bang to rights as to who you are TI - how are you? Have you got Mr. in front of P yet?

Once upon a time Mr Iron was a B mech and I do believe he was extemely proud of that fact by telling wannabe A mechs that he knew to FO pretty much every time he got the chance.
He must have opted for the necessary lobotomy to qualify. :)

Pretty sure I have you bang to rights as to who you are TI - how are you? Have you got Mr. in front of P yet?
Intrigued and to answer your question it wont be much longer....I learnt early on in my career squatting wasnt for me :)

Once upon a time Mr Iron was a B mech and I do believe he was extemely proud of that fact by telling wannabe A mechs that he knew to FO pretty much every time he got the chance. He must have opted for the necessary lobotomy to qualify. :)Pretty sure I have you bang to rights as to who you are TI - how are you? Have you got Mr. in front of P yet?
I think Im the only one from my basic VM course in 1988 still serving mate, good to hear from you today after 24 years and thanks for not mentioning my Grand slam...i was young and it was my post Deutchland years....aren't our Certificates in slate??? Just had a look at our course photo on top of the Chieftain...**** me we all had quiffs...hairs a luxury now a days.

with all due respect, if your after a career in the motor trade based on REME quals, then prepare to starve to death.
whilst the quals (on paper) match those of the wider industry, the commercial factor is gonna come as a shock, as the time we use to take to fix stuff will get you sacked toot-sweet in a civvy garage.
just saying, like

with all due respect, if your after a career in the motor trade based on REME quals, then prepare to starve to death.
whilst the quals (on paper) match those of the wider industry, the commercial factor is gonna come as a shock, as the time we use to take to fix stuff will get you sacked toot-sweet in a civvy garage.
just saying, like
Not after a job in a garage mate, the money is crap and its boring. And if anyone is thinking about it then ignore this post cos its easy to move into a garage after being in the REME as long as you work hard and don't pretend you know everything.

I'm personally working in the maintenance engineering side of things and prefer to stay in this line of work.

just saying, like
Even though I can understand your outlook as mentioned above Taff, it is a 50/50 call on how your career continues after the conversion to civvy street.
I left and emigrated to where the quals I had meant sweet FA, but thanks to some dedication, hard work and some luck, I got to where I wanted to be which was working in the dealership field of the trade. After some disillusion, I moved on and a few years ago, someone made the silly mistake of thinking I had potential so they moved me into management. Did being in the military have a helping factor in all of this? I like to think so.

Latest Threads