REME VM(B) Class 2 - Civvie equivalent?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Jon.T, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi guys,
    I used to be in REME TA as a VM, class 2 - is there an equivalent civilian qualification? If so, how would I go about attaining it?
    I'm sure this topic has probably come up before so I apologise, but I couldn't get the search to work.
  2. The TA Class 3/2 VM course is equivalent to 1 McDonalds star.

    Or from the horses mouth:

    What Qualifications Could I Get?

    As a member of a Territorial unit you will have access to a Continuous Professional Development Plan and Personal Development Record. Together, these will help you identify and develop your skills and turn them into recognised civilian qualifications, which may be of help to you in your civilian career. NVQ Level 2 may soon be awarded to those completing their trade training.