Reme veng board redundancy soak period

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by sleeper, Mar 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After looking at the results of the REME Veng board there is a note for all who got picked that they will not allowed to accept until after the April the fourth DIN, incase this puts them into a redundancy bracket. Does this mean that they are looking at people that have already accepted Veng for redundancy, any other corp had anything like this. Seems to me a bit like here have two years employment but here is your Brown letter.
  2. At the moment everyone is in the scope. On april 4th we'll know who is safe and who is not.
  3. No. By accepting VEng they will automiatically push back their run out date by two years and as such may fall into the redundancy window

My run out date is Feb 14 and as such I don't have enough time left to be considered for redundancy. If I took VEng (not going to happen as I wasn't offered it on the last board (but then again neither was any WO1)) that would push me back to Feb 16 and would have 5 years to push and would therefore fall into the bracket.

Make sense?
  4. Feb 14? I'd imagine you could still be given the chop.
  5. AHHH yes i see did not see it that way however if you look on the redundancy calculator i tried both ways with veng and without and it gave me another 20 or so grand for having Veng, so in certain cases it would be worth taking Veng if you wanted to take redundancy
  6. Err no, was given the timeframe on a REME roadshow last week. Irrelevent really as we're warned for ops which will take me through the tranches
  7. The one last Monday? I was on that one!