Reme to RMP

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Army_Rizzle, Nov 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm a REME lance corporal with 4 years service. I've been thinking for a while now about transfering and RMP is at the top of my list. I have a few questions;

1: In the current climit of the SDSR is this possible?
    2: I have one entry on my criminal record, a caution for criminal damage when I was 13, will this affect me?
    3: Will I loose my rank when I do the phase 2 training?
    4: Will I be on a fast track to class 2/1?

Cheers for any help.

2. You should be able to transfer, my mate is a REME Phase 2, recently failed course and managed to get into RMP, so I doubt you'll have a problem from the SDSR point of view, as for the rest I am lacking in knowledge.

3. You won't lose your rank, the VTs on my course all kept their rank till pass out.

4. Well you become a L/Cpl when you finish you trade training as an RMP.. So nowt to worry about.

5. Mate I doubt the caution at 13 will affect you. Best of luck!

6. As far as fast tracking goes it depends on your time served, experience and general common sense. VT's used to get promoted to Cpl after 1 year if they were any good but I don't know if that still happens, even if it does not then you should get promoted to Cpl after 2 years unless you are a complete feckwit.

7. 1: In the current climit of the SDSR is this possible? YES ITS STILL POSSIBLE
    2: I have one entry on my criminal record, a caution for criminal damage when I was 13, will this affect me? NO THIS WILL NOT AFFECT YOU
    3: Will I loose my rank when I do the phase 2 training? YOU WILL KEEP YOUR RANK
    4: Will I be on a fast track to class 2/1? THERE IS NO FAST TRACK But if you work hard and show potential, you can rise to the top fairly fast. I did LCpl to Sgt in 6 years.

Good luck

:rmp:

8. Thanks for the awnsers.

How far up can you potentially go, for example in my current Job in the REME I have a path set out to RSM/Commision. As a transferee to the AGC how far can I potentially go.

9. As a JNCO, you can go as far as RSM. If you take a commision, then again you can go as far as anyone else. However there is only one slot as the Provost Marshall.

10. Are you really serving in the RMP? If so, since when has Marshall, as in Provost Marshal, ended in double L?

Also, your OPSEC is shit and everyone in the Corps is, or has been, on the phone to 160 in order to find out who the ex-infanteer Sgt is!!!

11. Hi Toddyrule/AR, I'm an ex infantry sniper instructor who then joined the corp (served in 176,101,110- 89-94) we're not all bad! Badwookie24 just seems to be one of those elite men we all aspire to be! He probably done a bit of bugle playing on his way up. Unless a lots changed since I left in 1994 you'll be lucky to go higher than Maj from the ranks unless your RC! I found the RMP good AR, but like any mob you get your nuggets! Any ex-176 (90-92) get in touch.

12. or maybe he (Badwookie24) actually has a point? Its easy to point a finger at the RMP and slate the good....no mater who they are....You will still slate them. Shame on you that turn on your own men. SHAME ON YOU!!!! "Thou art yellow men, cursed among the evil, those that smite the fine men that scour the land for transgressors of the king".

"let him that is without evil....cast the first stone"

or SHUT THE **** UP!!!!

13. ToodyRule......get a life........im in the Corp and i havent. Why would you? unless you are another un-needed back stabber in the Corps?

14. mate , your spelling is in need of attention, however, watch your back. But i dont think i needed to say that. By examlpe we back stab!!!! Well thats what ive seen on here!!!! SHAME ON YOU ALL.....RMP?

15. Exactly.......watch your back. That goes without saying, especially on here.