REME TIFFY TRADE PAPER

Discussion in 'REME' started by soldier2uk, May 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone recently sat the tiffy trade paper? any pointers on what to expect?
    obviously i didnt cheat hard enough on class 1!!
    cheers

2. Can I take it from your avatar that you are airborne?

If that is the case, you will struggle, having never done trade since completing P Coy and jumps!!!!!

Seriously, what trade? Vehicles is nails from what I remeber (I had to sit it . If it is, you get to choose the short answers within your trade discipline (A or squat to wee mech), with CVRT being in there for the latter mech. Hydraulics for short answer is good if you know the systems and can read a hydraulic diagram. Get your Class 3 and 1 books out, they will help massively as the answers need to be SEME answers.

Multi guess includes workshop practices (pitch of a thread, oxy acetylene, files etc). Basic engineering principles on diesel equipment, (types of injectors, fuel pumps etc.)

Wish I could be more help, but I did mine about 9 years ago, but one of my boys did his last year. He passed and he was a re tread!!

Good luck m8. I hope you pass, but you can have as many goes as you like, so don't get disheartened if you don't. Think of it as a mock.

3. You won't have a problem the Tiffy Paper is this:

1. Print yore naim

2. Speel Artiffiecur

now yoo ar one. :wink:

4. I wouldn't sweat the exam, seems they will take you on the tiffy course without passing it these days.

Anyway look at how many tiffies out there never got trade exempt first time round. Then they become the ex spurts 18 months after learning how to cheat better. Bless em.

By the way if its the VM one, revise as it is a ba****d to do if its been a while since your class one.

So glad I got exempt even if I never needed it. Got me so far, lower pay band for doing the job better than those who allegedly know more.

5. If you didn't get tiffy exempt at trade the first time round do you think you are of the correct calibre for the training and the job?

Dave

6. [​IMG]

Hope this helps ;-)

7. i passed my pabb so i guess i must be what they are looking for!!
    how about you i guess your not a tiffy!??

i have no doubt that i will pass my tiffy course
    i was just after a heads up on trade paper cheers for the carrer advice anyway!!!
    :roll:

8. So it is now a PABB is it!?

It used to be a PAAB!!

Is being able to spell no longer a requirement??

It wasn't like that in my day............

9. Does anyone know where to access past VM trade papers that could be used for a mock exam?

Cheers

Fin

10. lol

If you ever get to be a tiffy you better not let the lads get a rise out of you that easily!!

Dave

11. Sharpen up that spelling soldier! Sentences start with a capital letter, 'your' should be 'you're' and 'carrer' is spelt career. By the way, while a pretty good speller if I do say so myself, I have a kind of keyboard dyslexia so I go back over my work and check it before firing.

Try to cut the arrogance, there's a world of pitfalls to stop you passing you're Tiffy course other than what you actually do in the course.

Top notch VMA colleague of mine tried 3 times in a year up to the Spring of 2006, couldn't pass and fell by the way side, despite having passed PAAB, and went MTI.

12. alb

alb Clanker

Try the link below. You will need an army net user name and login.

http://www.army.mod.uk/reme/seme/validation/!hack!/exambank/default.aspx

You should find everything you need there.

13. Dont be too arogant and remember you still need a recomendation from your OC, without that he pass means nothing!!

Dave

14. cheers for all the help and advice guys