REME TA Gulf war book!

Discussion in 'REME' started by hingme, Mar 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know that hero TA punter who's book was in the News of the world yesterday? I'm glad he took all the flak in the Gulf, by all accounts that one guy seen it all and ended the lot! I take my hat off to living legends like that....he should consider doing the job 24/7. The Army needs blokes like that? :?:

2. yes

but having served (well i was posted to them for my sins) with them please refrain from calling them STABS.

we know them as WOFTAM's

Waste Of Fuc*@g Time And Money and i remember clearly so many told stories that dont quite add up when you speak to the REAL crew commander

NUFF said

3. Oh, that'll be a trait retricted to STABs then, NOT! There area miriad of Walts out there, and like it or not, a lot of them are ARABS.

4. I'm going to stand up for the TA on this one. I have seen some good TA lads knocking about 51 Highland have some really keen, Really nice lads. Also Ypres Coy DWR have a couple of good 'uns aswell. We all know there are some tossers but we have them in the Regulars too - I have even been accused of being a tosser myself but the individual(s) concerned are quite mistaken.