REME Silver paper knife.

Discussion in 'REME' started by re-stilly, Sep 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope this is the right place for this. As i was browsing around Herts & Essex antiques in Sawbridgeworth in Herts i saw a silver Reme paper knife priced at £65.

Thought this may be of interest to you spanner monkeys.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Moved from Mil History as re-stilly seemed to have lost his way to get here!

3. I blame it on age and alcohol.

4. Silver? we made ours from Gazelle tail rotor blades.

5. As an "A" mech or spanner ****** in your parlance; I cant say I used too many paper knifes in my time.

Cheers, Nobby

6. Same here, even as a semi skilled A mech i could open a letter using a lump hammer

7. I had a clerk who opened my letters for me. Never asked him how he did it.

8. Come on that is all you had in your kit was a selection of hammers.

9. That's what the REME is all about. Hit it with a hammer, if it's still not fixed, use a bigger hammer.

Unless you happen to be afflicted with a technician's CEG, in which case your too busy fellating your comrades and playing Warhammer to bother much with anything else. Or sat in the TQ's counting to potato on your fingers and toes.

10. Not forgetting the always present Tool, Fine Adjusting, BCH.

11. No, no, there was definitely other tools in there...no idea what I was supposed to do with them but I used to get moaned at for loosing them

12. 12" Adjustable, selection of screwdrivers & a fecking big hammer - what else did we need?

Nobby

13. Condom? "If you can't fix it, **** it!" ;-)

14. Never thought of having sex with inaminate mechanical items, but after some of the growlers in my younger years it might have some appeal!

Nobby

15. Well as most of the stuff we put into Workshops came back more fucked than it went in, I can only assume it is a common occurrence with you Spanner Monkeys.