• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Reme - recovery mechanic, is this a good job?

Hi I'm new to this, I've bassically got my adsc on Wednesday, is recovery mechanic a good job? And are you out with infantry during ops? What do you spend most time doing? Thanks!

Yeah so you've been a great help.
Yes I was being serious, wait till your first recy camp.

Have you done a search of the site? or maybe Google? No? well stop being a retard and try it before getting a strop on.

Maybe Recy Mech aint for you, they are a cracking bunch with a slightly sadistic sence of humour.

Yes I was being serious, wait till your first recy camp.

Have you done a search of the site? or maybe Google? No? well stop being a retard and try it before getting a strop on.

Maybe Recy Mech aint for you, they are a cracking bunch with a slightly sadistic sence of humour.
And like to do pints of piss & puke on a Friday night for fun :)

Reccy Mechs are also usually responsible when discovering your car is parked on top of an ISO container when coming into work the following day from an LAD BBQ.

Young clarkey. I'm afraid that all the above is true.

I'm looking forward to this years SNCO's annual Recy Mech reunion at the Corps Sergeants mess, and despite the grey hair and blazers...it is even worse. And all the better for it.

If you are even half considering joining the best trade in the British Army, take a chill pill and lose the attitude. Recy Mechs have a well earned and fairly respected reputation for carrying out difficult work, in often dire conditions.

They are a breed apart, and the scruffy ******* have more medals for gallantry and deaths on active service than any other trade in REME.

Shit sandwiches and pints of piss/puke will be the least of your problems.

Type 'recovery mechanic' into the search function. There is stacks of info.

Young Clarkey i'm afraid that Arte Et Marte isnt telling the whole truth, yes reccy mechs used to **** on biscuits and eat shit sadwiches etc. But nowdays they are nothing more than a bunch of fannies who drive big trucks with cranes on the back of them, the fact that they have females in the trade shows they arent as big and rufty tufty as they like to think they are..... wussies!

Young clarkey. I'm afraid that SpannerSpanker is correct.

Weil not so much afraid, more like ******* alarmed.

Who the bollocky bollocks has undone all our hard work?

Latest Threads