Reme phase 2 kit help please

Jimmoo

Swinger
Hi,
due to head to phase 2 in next two weeks and my kit list to take includes a bergen and webbing(naive but assumed would be issued) ... In short what should I be looking for as an aspiring armourer, am I looking for something I'll rarely use, something to tide me over till I know what I need or is something like jayjays going to be ideal, any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance

Hi,
due to head to phase 2 in next two weeks and my kit list to take includes a bergen and webbing(naive but assumed would be issued) ... In short what should I be looking for as an aspiring armourer, am I looking for something I'll rarely use, something to tide me over till I know what I need or is something like jayjays going to be ideal, any help would be amazing. Thanks in advance
You will be issued everything that you really need.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You say phase 2 which implies you've completed phase 1, so take the kit you've been issued. Muppet.

Can he expect the refrain of old?

Sgt Blanket Stacker: Yeah, wotcha want, son?

Cfn Jimmoo: Scuse me, Sergeant, Staff Trainer says that we all need (insert item of uniform or equipment here) for the exercise tomorrow and I've never been issued with one.

Sgt Blanket Stacker (consulting clipboard): Well, it says here that you signed for one.

Cfn Jimmoo: There must be some mistake.

Sgt Blanket Stacker: We don't make mistakes, son. Now fook off.

Jimmoo

Swinger
You say phase 2 which implies you've completed phase 1, so take the kit you've been issued. Muppet.
Hi at phase 1 we were issued preloved bergen webbing etc which we had to hand back in... This is why I'm asking for some help, Kermit is always entertaining

Jimmoo

Swinger
Mainly looking for help on what kind of bergen/webbing I should be getting as I don't have one issued or otherwise and its on my list of "minimum to arrive with on the first day of course."

Mainly looking for help on what kind of bergen/webbing I should be getting as I don't have one issued or otherwise and its on my list of "minimum to arrive with on the first day of course."
Mate, don't start volunteering to buy required military kit or the idea might catch on with the MoD.

You will be issued one.

Jimmoo

Swinger
Mate, don't start volunteering to buy required military kit or the idea might catch on with the MoD.
Haha just really checking I don't need to buy one gonna message them to be fair as I don't want to be buying anything I don't have to

mrdude

War Hero
Thanks that's good news didn't want to be buying something I will be given haha :)
Are you sure you've qualified to be in the REME - that corps expects you to have some sort of intelligence level, and as you've passed or are about to pass phase 1, you should already know or have a very good idea or have spoken to other people that you're training with about this.

Hi,
Please don't tell me your TA/AR...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Jimmoo

Swinger
Are you sure you've qualified to be in the REME - that corps expects you to have some sort of intelligence level, and as you've passed or are about to pass phase 1, you should already know or have a very good idea or have spoken to other people that you're training with about this.
We've had no briefings
I got my start date for phase 2 12 days before I need to be there
I got a piece of paper saying the minimum I need to turn up with which includes a bergen and webbing

With that information or lack there of I was just looking for a little help.....

Don’t buy anything!
If you are a Regular, you will be issued the kit when you get there. So ask you’re seniors when you do. If you are a a Reservist, you’re Reserves unit will issue the kit to you to take with you. Again, just ask your seniors to issue you it

We've had no briefings
I got my start date for phase 2 12 days before I need to be there
I got a piece of paper saying the minimum I need to turn up with which includes a bergen and webbing

With that information or lack there of I was just looking for a little help.....
Where are you at the moment?

Speak to the units Training WO and then to the RQ/SQMS and ask nicely them have you got everything you need. Then a nice Civil Servant will pick it for you and you sign for it all via the QM's Dept.

As an armorer with a Reserve REME unit you will not be issued a full armorers box as they are expensive, only if you go on deployment would you might get one, most units you might be attached to would possibly have the tool box anyway.

Not in my experience, and I was REME for 35 years :)

Latest Threads