REME Past & Present

Not my capbadge, so couldn't care less either way, but doesn't the REME board here let you do this sort of thing?

That said, good luck to all those concerned.

I really can't see the point...
That being said however, I'll offer some constructive criticism:-

1. The software is crap.
2. It looks terrible in Firefox - you don't want to alienate 20% (& rising) of users.
3. There's no obvious reason why I would choose this over ARRSE

What was your reason for creating the site? What do you hope to gain / offer?

TTFN

BFG

Have to agree fully with BFG 9000.

The site does not offer anything better than the REME board here on ARRSE, so why would you expect people to migrate to it?

Load of shite, created from a zx spectrum! Will be sticking with arrse.

I'm happy with ARRSE
can't understand why you would want to change something that works
Oh, ya thats right you're REME.

daleRoch said:
I'm happy with ARRSE
:):):)

DaleRoch you are a star - a fuggin MONstar...........

How's leave going?

daleRoch said:
I'm happy with ARRSE
Now THAT'S funny. And sadly, too f*cking true.

Renovatio said:
You have also compromised your address in *********, ******. If you are going to start a proper service such as this you should use a Limited Company to protect your details.
I'd square that one away PRONTO.

Arr3eH0Le

TBH the first site did look shite......but this on looks a bit more promising.

I got you email and tried to reply but it just got bounced back......

I'm having trouble logging on to the new site....any ideas????

This is what I get....

ERROR
Please enable cookies to post on this site. If you feel that you have reached this message in error please refresh the preceding page once and post again

Cheers TAM

[ Go Back ]

Tiffy_A_Mech said:
TBH the first site did look shite......but this on looks a bit more promising.

Cheers TAM

[ Go Back ]
Thanks for all your crticisms, I do agree the first group was ZX Spectrum-eque. I pulled the plug the day after posting it on the web for the first run.

The site has been relaunched with a new MSN group, definitely worth a look. I took ages trying to download the right group host and getting it working correctly.
As for the earlier comments of why, well I feel the site can develop as the members wish, I am open to comments, and am on the look out for Moderators.

I have no hidden agenda, just love REME and want us to have our own site to do with as its members wish.

Thanks again for all the comments,

btw I think I hid my personal details this time, phew!.

BGS Founder REME PAST & PRESENT

Gets a thumbs down from the Battsimm.........

Couldn't register as it kept telling me to enable cookies, which I have constantly enabled anyway. Plus the only posts on there are the ones moaning about how crap all the other forums are.......... Err wake up, there is and never will be a REME forum, (or any other military based kind for that matter), bereft of moaning whining and stupid posts with questions that challenge long established rules or traditions from folk who are not old enough or served long enough to know better. So, if you want to make a moan-free forum, better choose another subject base.

I'm in a bad mood by the way, my back is killing me, quite literally...............

Battsimm said:
Gets a thumbs down from the Battsimm.........

Couldn't register as it kept telling me to enable cookies, which I have constantly enabled anyway.
I also couldn't register....same problems as above...... :( :(