Reme-Para

Discussion in 'REME' started by Craig26292, Aug 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but here goes.

If for instance, I joined the Army, and was in the REME. I then went on to pass the All Arms Paras course, would I be awarded a Maroon beret with the REME capbadge?

Thanks in advance,,

Craig.

2. if you are attached to an airborne unit like 7REME then you would

3. You will always wear the wings, but only wear a maroon beret when attached to an airborne unit. In fact, when you're attached you wear the beret whether you have done P Company or not.

4. For your further info:

You will only wear the wings if you've done the jumps. To get paid para pay you need to be in one of the established REME para posts within 16 Bde

5. You also get to wear the beret when you are serving at a training school...

6. i thought you can only get posted to a para unit if you have done P Company or can you get posted even if you havent done it?

7. I think techie has answered your question already

8. There are lots of non-para posts in "para" units which have REME in them i.e. the whole LAD/Wksp/Coy/Bn is never required to air drop, just the chosen few highly trained para ninjas - like the Airborne FRT from 8 CS Coy at 7 Bn.

For the record, although we retain the capability via these few dedicated para posts in units, the airdropping of REMEs in anger has never happened since WW2!

Thanks to Tiffy A Mech for the reminder re trg units - exactly right!

9. My bold!!!

10. Forget para hats, go and do a proper course like the All Arms Commando one and get to wear a beret vert :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

11. A proper course ! as in what sense ?
    how many women have passed P Company ? NONE !
    Its a shame the same cant be said about the commando course

12. Brilliant, a Para commando slanging match in the REME forum thats just what we need.

13. Aye, that's right, leave it out.

You're not supposed to wear your Maroon or Green beret unless you're actually serving with one of those units (although as has been said, it's allowed at training regiments, which I've always assumed has been as a way of initiating interest in the courses) but some people do anyway.
    I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the time it comes down to how **** the CO is, as do many of the rules.

14. A proper course ! as in what sense ?
    how many women have passed P Company ? NONE !
    Its a shame the same cant be said about the commando course

I beleive that there is one!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-447368/Sex-change-Paras-tears-support.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23487465-details/Fury+of+injured+soldiers'+families+as+sex-change+Para+captain+'wins+%C2%A3250,000'+from+Army/article.do

15. Most people who pass P Coy are females, or at least have female hormones running through their veins. Why else would you do a course that requires no brains??? Any idiot can just run around and then jump from a perfectly serviceable aircraft :D :wink: :wink: