Reme-Para

#1
Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but here goes.

If for instance, I joined the Army, and was in the REME. I then went on to pass the All Arms Paras course, would I be awarded a Maroon beret with the REME capbadge?

Thanks in advance,,

Craig.
 
#3
You will always wear the wings, but only wear a maroon beret when attached to an airborne unit. In fact, when you're attached you wear the beret whether you have done P Company or not.
 
#4
For your further info:

You will only wear the wings if you've done the jumps. To get paid para pay you need to be in one of the established REME para posts within 16 Bde
 
#5
techie said:
You will always wear the wings, but only wear a maroon beret when attached to an airborne unit. In fact, when you're attached you wear the beret whether you have done P Company or not.
You also get to wear the beret when you are serving at a training school...
 
#6
techie said:
You will always wear the wings, but only wear a maroon beret when attached to an airborne unit. In fact, when you're attached you wear the beret whether you have done P Company or not.
i thought you can only get posted to a para unit if you have done P Company or can you get posted even if you havent done it?
 
#7
aj2608 said:
techie said:
You will always wear the wings, but only wear a maroon beret when attached to an airborne unit. In fact, when you're attached you wear the beret whether you have done P Company or not.
i thought you can only get posted to a para unit if you have done P Company or can you get posted even if you havent done it?
I think techie has answered your question already
 
#8
There are lots of non-para posts in "para" units which have REME in them i.e. the whole LAD/Wksp/Coy/Bn is never required to air drop, just the chosen few highly trained para ninjas - like the Airborne FRT from 8 CS Coy at 7 Bn.

For the record, although we retain the capability via these few dedicated para posts in units, the airdropping of REMEs in anger has never happened since WW2!

Thanks to Tiffy A Mech for the reminder re trg units - exactly right!
 
#9
okimato said:
For the record, although we retain the capability via these few dedicated para posts in units, the airdropping of ANYONE in anger has never happened since WW2!
My bold!!!
 
#13
Aye, that's right, leave it out.

You're not supposed to wear your Maroon or Green beret unless you're actually serving with one of those units (although as has been said, it's allowed at training regiments, which I've always assumed has been as a way of initiating interest in the courses) but some people do anyway.
I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the time it comes down to how **** the CO is, as do many of the rules.
 
#15
milkybarkid31 said:
A proper course ! as in what sense ?
how many women have passed P Company ? NONE !
Its a shame the same cant be said about the commando course
Most people who pass P Coy are females, or at least have female hormones running through their veins. Why else would you do a course that requires no brains??? Any idiot can just run around and then jump from a perfectly serviceable aircraft :D :wink: :wink:
 
#16
Gary_K said:
milkybarkid31 said:
A proper course ! as in what sense ?
how many women have passed P Company ? NONE !
Its a shame the same cant be said about the commando course
Most people who pass P Coy are females, or at least have female hormones running through their veins. Why else would you do a course that requires no brains??? Any idiot can just run around and then jump from a perfectly serviceable aircraft :D :wink: :wink:
Not quite true. Two words:

Golden

Private

:slow:
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#17
Craig26292 said:
Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but here goes.

If for instance, I joined the Army, and was in the REME. I then went on to pass the All Arms Paras course, would I be awarded a Maroon beret with the REME capbadge?

Thanks in advance,,

Craig.
Yeah, and you'd also get a special little tool-box which has a secret balloon compartment in the little cubby hole where your ratchet lives, which is strapped to your leg when you dive out of the Herc and then dangles down on a little strap before you land.

And then you'd become part of the elite 'Flying Spanners' Platoon and you'll get to jump in wherever someone's Lanny has broken down, where you single handedly take on a whole Battalions worth of crack Commy Commando B*stards and kick the sh*t out of them with your small adjustable and then you save the day by patching up a broken sump.

'Flying Spanners'!!
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
Biscuits_AB said:
Craig26292 said:
Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but here goes.

If for instance, I joined the Army, and was in the REME. I then went on to pass the All Arms Paras course, would I be awarded a Maroon beret with the REME capbadge?

Thanks in advance,,

Craig.
Yeah, and you'd also get a special little tool-box which has a secret balloon compartment in the little cubby hole where your ratchet lives, which is strapped to your leg when you dive out of the Herc and then dangles down on a little strap before you land.

And then you'd become part of the elite 'Flying Spanners' Platoon and you'll get to jump in wherever someone's Lanny has broken down, where you single handedly take on a whole Battalions worth of crack Commy Commando B*stards and kick the sh*t out of them with your small adjustable and then you save the day by patching up a broken sump.

'Flying Spanners'!!
Not to be confused with 'Bag of Spanners' who will be your first girlfriend when you join up
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#19
the_boy_syrup said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Craig26292 said:
Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but here goes.

If for instance, I joined the Army, and was in the REME. I then went on to pass the All Arms Paras course, would I be awarded a Maroon beret with the REME capbadge?

Thanks in advance,,

Craig.
Yeah, and you'd also get a special little tool-box which has a secret balloon compartment in the little cubby hole where your ratchet lives, which is strapped to your leg when you dive out of the Herc and then dangles down on a little strap before you land.

And then you'd become part of the elite 'Flying Spanners' Platoon and you'll get to jump in wherever someone's Lanny has broken down, where you single handedly take on a whole Battalions worth of crack Commy Commando B*stards and kick the sh*t out of them with your small adjustable and then you save the day by patching up a broken sump.

'Flying Spanners'!!
Not to be confused with 'Bag of Spanners' who will be your first girlfriend when you join up
Or 'Lost Spanners', the first time that you leave your tool kit unattended.
 
#20
okimato said:
There are lots of non-para posts in "para" units which have REME in them i.e. the whole LAD/Wksp/Coy/Bn is never required to air drop, just the chosen few highly trained para ninjas - like the Airborne FRT from 8 CS Coy at 7 Bn.

For the record, although we retain the capability via these few dedicated para posts in units, the airdropping of REMEs in anger has never happened since WW2!
Thanks to Tiffy A Mech for the reminder re trg units - exactly right!
Not entirely true, a certain Qbloke (now commissioned) did an operational jump in 2001. And a very, very funny story it made.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top