REME or RMP?

REME or RMP?

• Total voters
Hello,

Just wondering which Corp/Regiment I should go into? Does REME contain alot of soldering compared to RMP and Infantry (like by how much in comparison)?

Which one should I pick? And what roles do you recommend?

Thank you

Speak to your recruiter. Most opinions you will get will be from people who served before you were born, or didnt ever join. REME do pretty much no green stuff, they fix vehicles all the live long. REME Bns are a nightmare too. If you want to do infantry type stuff, heres one for you, join the infantry. Again I will reiterate, speak to a recruiter...

Join MP, they have a balance, although have met some Ex-REME who hinted that they were Ex-''Them'' and have met some MP who were still 'Them.''

Have fun!

Speaking to an ex REME armourer yesterday. He says the trade is crying out for people and you get a ton of tours of thats what you're into. As for RMP, there's a RMP police station here. They dont seem to do much and mainly look bored out their minds.
REME will give you a trade, RMP will earn you the disdain of every unit you serve with.

Speaking to an ex REME armourer yesterday. He says the trade is crying out for people and you get a ton of tours of thats what you're into. As for RMP, there's a RMP police station here. They dont seem to do much and mainly look bored out their minds.
REME will give you a trade, RMP will earn you the disdain of every unit you serve with.
What a load of old cobblers! Go on, list the duties that MP undertake? And now talk about being an armourer. Seriously?

Note RESERVE recruitment. Both cap badges will do interesting stuff. If you want to fix vehicles go REME. If you want to pretend to be a Police Officer in the Army go RMP :).

And I'll add RMP deployed reserve SIB Sgt (called up for 12 months) to Iraq when Telic was a thing.

Note RESERVE recruitment. Both cap badges will do interesting stuff. If you want to fix vehicles go REME. If you want to pretend to be a Police Officer in the Army go RMP :).

And I'll add RMP deployed reserve SIB Sgt (called up for 12 months) to Iraq when Telic was a thing.
253 RMP AR feed people into Diplomatic Protection roles as well as some interesting work.

REME / RMP? Depends, do you want to be disparaged, detested and done down by everyone in the army, or just your own officers?

253 RMP AR feed people into Diplomatic Protection roles as well as some interesting work.
Pretty sure they don't. There may be people at 253 who have done/do Diplomatic Protection, but they're not a official/recognised "feed" into it any more than other AR units/professions.

Pretty sure they don't. There may be people at 253 who have done/do Diplomatic Protection, but they're not a official/recognised "feed" into it any more than other AR units/professions.
I'm sure lots talk about the stuff they have done. Keeps the airsofters happy :p

If the RMP have an exciting life, you might want to remind the Company where I am to look excited. They mainly walk around looking bored, miserable and thoroughly dejected, and that includes the SNCOs.