REME or RLC??

Hi,

I am in the process of applying to join the REME or RLC and have passed my BARB and first interview.

For my three choices of trade I have gone with Supply Ctrl(now Supplyer), Military Engineer(which i decided is not quite what i want to do) and Armourer.

I have read all the information about the jobs. Hoping to get some help and advice from people who know. I'll be going to the Selection Centre next Monday. So, it would be helpful if give me your opinions on the above trades, because the information which was given to me at the ACO doesn't say a lot about what you actually do in the job.

CHEERS

Once you ignore the nursery section advice, my 2p worth.

First decide if you want a full career and not just 3/4 yrs either way get a trade that will be useful and recognised in civi street if you leave, also consider an apprenticeship in civi street if your young enough.
If you have the academic qualifications you could also try officer selection.

What ever you decide give it your best shot and good luck.

A class 1 Armourer can go and work for the filth tactical firearms unit starting on 26K a year.

No good indeed, you c0ck.

StabTiffy2B said:
A class 1 Armourer can go and work for the filth tactical firearms unit starting on 26K a year.

No good indeed, you c0ck.
ooohh handbags at dawn, saucer of milk for 2

Don't talk b0llocks then.

Everytime I open the jobs section of the local rag I can see that the pages are full of TFU Armourer adverts......

........blanket stacker related aplenty though :lol:

Bit difficult to suggest without knowing your BARB Score

Have you considered Ammo Tech or Mover? One gives you good career progression and employability outside, the other one gets you round the world (as does Postie).

Anyone heard the song:

A I'm an armourer, B I'm an armourer, C I'm an armourer.........................A I'm an armourer, B I'm an armourer, C I'm an armourer.........................etc etc lol

F*ck off and stack some blankets. Then order me some spares so that I can so an important Job.

For Chr1sts sake, don't become a mover. The most hated trade ever.

The chances of an armourer working for the Bill as an armourer are pretty slim, there are (relatively) lots of armourers for not many Police jobs.

A lot of weapons repairs / servicing for the Police are completed by ABROs.

That said, I'd still say that an armourer has more employment opportunities than a Sup Con. Armourers don't just fix guns, they have a lot of transferrable skills, provided they are able to remove the blinkers and think a bit.

thanks for your help. My BARB Test score was 66 (or 69, shouldn't make any difference). but thing is: I went to the ACO in Germany and because i went to a german school, my results have to be translated into english GCSE's, which hasn't been done yet. so, the recruiter showed me a list of jobs which are available to me just from the barb test score.

which of the two jobs is better on promotion?

cheers

Seriously, if you would prefer shuffling paperwork and a bit of warehouse work/sorting parts and equipment go for RLC storeman.

If you want an interesting trade with an engineering discipline (turning/lathe work/toolmaking) then go for Armourer.

Knowing both trades I think that promotion is equal in each corps, performance related in general although REME do have the option of Artificer training for the select few.

Hope this helps.

JB68

jakeblues68 said:
Seriously, if you would prefer shuffling paperwork and a bit of warehouse work/sorting parts and equipment go for RLC storeman.

If you want an interesting trade with an engineering discipline (turning/lathe work/toolmaking) then go for Armourer.

Knowing both trades I think that promotion is equal in each corps, performance related in general although REME do have the option of Artificer training for the select few.

Hope this helps.

JB68
Not like you to be so serious either jake :wink:

Anyway back to normal :D

If captain picard is on the bridge of the enterprise and they are travelling at light speed and he turns on the headlights will he see the beam?

You know how when you drop a piece of toast it lands butter side down!
And a cat always lands on its feet!
(you all know where this is going :evil:)

So if you buttered the back of a cat and dropped it?????

I'll get my coat :oops:

[/quote]If captain picard is on the bridge of the enterprise and they are travelling at light speed and he turns on the headlights will he see the beam?
Bloody good point. If he's travelling at light speed, how's he going to see where he's going. What kind of example is that to set the Earth's youth? If I drove down the street at night, at top speed, with my headlights off, "Er...... Seeking out new civilisations Officer" isn't going to get me off a dangerous driving rap, so why should the likes of Archer, Kirk and Picard be any different?

Maybe, as it's set in the future, the chavs of today are the Starship Captains of tomorrow. Doesn't really bode well for the federation.

REME or RLC? If there's little to be said for either, why not try the Engineers?