REME MTI

With the complete failure of the Corps effort to provide Military Training Instructors from within the technical CEGs, a new film is due to premiere near Pirbright and it is called:

You got it!!!!

REGIMENTAL DUTIES II

More T****w pish down the drain.

Theres a bit of wheel re-inventing going on around here at the minute and its getting more than slightly annoying/confusing/stupid.

Why do we feel the need to keep adjusting how we do business, its counter productive in the long run and does knack all for morale/retention, especially for the folk directly affected by all this infantile "I've had an idea" carp...........

And REME Clerks!

Ah, yes, the good old REME driver - how do we manage without them?

Definately think we should keep sparkies and get the REME Clerk back - but employ them properly this time.

What the F~~~ is going on with this Corps? The RS (Whilst mostly stupid), did add a great deal and kept the tradespeople focussed on fixing stuff. BRING THEM BACK NOW!!!!

I am actually considering taking a post if there are any going when I'm due posting, Wed afternoons off, Friday afternoons off, good social mess (SEME), oh yes and farg all tours. I'm sure that after 3 years at the coalface it would suit me down to the ground, and yes wedge I agree the RS did a good job on the whole. :wink:

Having attended a REME MCM Div roadshow last week and been fed the usual stuff "Going MTI is career enhancing, everyone should try it bla blah bla blah..."

At the Q&A at the end someone stood up and asked "Do you have any evidence that a tour as an MTI is a promotion-enhancing move?" The bluster that followed from MCM Div did a pretty good job of convincing everyone in the room to keep working at trade.

two-four-albert said:
I was there as well MB but I'm still thinking of it
Do it. There are plenty of excellent tradesmen, remenber the CR... Post, performance in post. How do you separate 150 excellent tradesmen? I personnally think it's a good move, I was just amused to see one the Jedis made to squirm :lol:

I am sure they had something like this in the eighties to enhance promotion prospects of those potential tiffies who needed a bit of rounding and grounding, giving em two years at Depot. Most enjoyed it but the plan was just to employ everyone for a 2 year stint at MTI then back to trade to both enhance the RD fraternity at Depot and round off the tradesman. Thing is I cannot think of a Corps or Regiment who conducts its G3/G4 like REME does. Is their another plan?

Beware, the RLC will be watching this as another development for when they make a takeover bid; laugh if you want to but the sound of money saved (even if it is not real) is a great persuader. Is it being too much of a heretic to think that if the Corps just stays technical, ie get rid of the last of the non-tech trades like Tech Stmn and the like that all REME posts not at trade could go E2? Does anyone really believe that others would send their brightest and best to help REME out? or as I am persuaded, the Really Large Corps swallow you up as a Tech Sqn in a Logistic Regiment; bet you will be begging for the RD/Stmn/Sparkies/Grumpy QMs to come back then. As ever it will be too late but of course, it will never happen so sayeth the planner whose gong for putting it thro shineth brightly in the Mess for the Generals to see,,,,,,, although you will never see the gong for they will be gone, the Field Force is not for them for they move onto better things leaving what was left of the Corps behind!!

Col_Gadd-Haffi said:
I am sure they had something like this in the eighties to enhance promotion prospects of those potential tiffies who needed a bit of rounding and grounding, giving em two years at Depot. Most enjoyed it but the plan was just to employ everyone for a 2 year stint at MTI then back to trade to both enhance the RD fraternity at Depot and round off the tradesman. Thing is I cannot think of a Corps or Regiment who conducts its G3/G4 like REME does. Is their another plan?

Beware, the RLC will be watching this as another development for when they make a takeover bid; laugh if you want to but the sound of money saved (even if it is not real) is a great persuader. Is it being too much of a heretic to think that if the Corps just stays technical, ie get rid of the last of the non-tech trades like Tech Stmn and the like that all REME posts not at trade could go E2? Does anyone really believe that others would send their brightest and best to help REME out? or as I am persuaded, the Really Large Corps swallow you up as a Tech Sqn in a Logistic Regiment; bet you will be begging for the RD/Stmn/Sparkies/Grumpy QMs to come back then. As ever it will be too late but of course, it will never happen so sayeth the planner whose gong for putting it thro shineth brightly in the Mess for the Generals to see,,,,,,, although you will never see the gong for they will be gone, the Field Force is not for them for they move onto better things leaving what was left of the Corps behind!!
Or it could go the other way...

the biggest constraint on REME effectiveness is the RLC inability to supply technical spares in a reasonable timeframe. There are mutterings at DEME(A) level to bring the Sup Cons/Sup Specs into the REME.

Maj_Boothroyd said:
Having attended a REME MCM Div roadshow last week and been fed the usual stuff "Going MTI is career enhancing, everyone should try it bla blah bla blah..."

At the Q&A at the end someone stood up and asked "Do you have any evidence that a tour as an MTI is a promotion-enhancing move?" The bluster that followed from MCM Div did a pretty good job of convincing everyone in the room to keep working at trade.
I know someone who is one of the MTI posts.

As much as the working hours are massive, they are really enjoying it there. Unlike being stuck at trade doing the same shit all the time apparently everyone of their days is different.

As for wether it is a career enhancing move, there will be no evidence as yet as the first three tradesmen only arrived into depots about 6 months ago!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bombsandblankets REME 17
Ventress The Intelligence Cell 0
H The Intelligence Cell 29