Reme mti selection board

Discussion in 'REME' started by bombsandblankets, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've dug all through Intranet, read the corps instruction on it, DEME (A) Website, normal chain of command and can't find any kind of results.

A kick in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

The only thing we've been briefed so far is that it will be run just like the ASCLB. So to that end, it is important that should you wish to go down the MTI route at some point in your career (preferably suited to a senior Cpl), you should ensure your chain of command (1RO, 2RO in particular) are recommending you as such in your SJARs etc as this will carry more weight on the eventual board.

Hope this helps. If I find out any more - I'll let you know.

3. Thanks DC, as always the rumours are flying around my place about a list of results being published somewhere including my name. Hopefully it is a wind up though as apparently I am going to a duty of care job at the school =/

4. There is a list on the ms website in the latest information hyperlink it's above the Tiffy loading board list.

Iv just checked it's called the MSCLB. One of the lads I work with is on it and he's trying to go down the mti route.

5. Definately been done as 2 of mine have been picked up on it. Fcucked MS wing off though as they are both on H16 come April...

6. You might find yourself looking for 2 more bods for tour, if manning want them they will take them. Bods for tour are 10 a penny at the moment. Everybody want to get on it.

7. Not at the end of MST they're not.

8. Depends what unit really doesn't it - 6 months in Bastion doesn't take much MST - 6 months in a remote PB does.

9. Isnt it only mandatory to complete the all ranks brief and the RSOI package?

10. Yep, and the Lydd firing package I think.

11. FFS How come you guys know so much? Or is the fact that posts ending in question marks prove that you are willing to say stuff that isn't fact but assumption?

Just accept the fact that I am far enough up the food chain to know where the tradesmen in my unit are likely to be deployed, with what training and the fact that sometimes being a tradesman comes before being a MTI

12. A lot of us from my place haven't done lydd the unit didn't have enough places for us. So that must be taken on risk. All my other deployments iv been through there and it's always been good training. The ones that did go through out performed the infantry we are supporting.

13. My question mark was used because it was a question.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lol, same here. The LAD got higher scores than the regiment on most of the shoots at lydd.

15. And I'm far enough up to have heard a fair amount of drivel about what is required to deploy. Not saying from from you, but it's not unreasonable to point out that different places in theatre require a different standard of PDT (eg attendance at Lydd is far from mandatory for all pax) - there are plenty who seem to believe that it is 1 size fits all - and it's not.

I would suggest that immediately after an op tour is the best time to move into an MTI slot - which is far better than being taken off the OET at a late stage.