REME Mess Dress

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by mark1342, Feb 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi anyone after flogging a set of REME Mess dress cheap as I need a set soon-ish for a dine out. managed to get away with not having it for quite a while but according to the boss possibility of redundancy isn't a good enough reason to not bother getting it:scratch: After something around 40"-44" chest for the jacket and 36-38" waist 30" leg for the trousers. Any help would be awesome :grin:
  2. Im a regular got told by the clerks at our place that mess dress allowance is for seniors only though.
  3. At my last unit it was a get it when you can kind of thing but posted with light cav now so they love that kind of thing seems like a lot to shell out for a drinking suit I'll use 3 or 4 times a year
  4. I've got one as getting MD, should be about the right size, but may need the trousers tailoring around the waist, haven't been a 30" waist for over 10 years! Jacket, shirt, bow tie (maybe) waistcoat, and trousers.
  5. 30" leg and 38" waist puts you in the body shape classification of "ostrich egg".
  6. Judging by this.......

It went on this......

View attachment 110292
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I actually happen to have a REME mess kit for sale at the moment. (Long story, don't ask why I have it.)

Anyway if you lost some weight fatty, it might fit you.

34" waist, 33" leg, 40" chest. Fits a 6'2", 13st bloke.

No boots.

PM me if you're interested, only joking about the fatty bit. :)