REME Lanyard

Discussion in 'REME' started by EScotia, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me if there is such a beast as a REME lanyard :? I seem to remember that many moons ago when I was able to fit into No 2's :oops: we always wore the lanyard of the parent unit.

I'm aware that a parent unit can insist attached soldiers wear one item of the parent units' dress.

If the beast lives, appreciate a photo.

2. ES,

No such beast but you're correct about wearing one 'item' of the parent Regt.

3. There was a lot of talk about introducing a REME lanyard to celebrate REME's 50th anniversary in 1992, however as is usually the case, it came to nowt!

4. Thats cos the cheap commemerative coins they dished out were much cheaper to produce than expensive lanyards and other such stuff that could actually be sold to the troops rather than giving them away. I've still got my coin and a Zippo lighter in the loft somewhere - maybe worth enough for a cup of coffee in another few years :D

5. I thought that at one time, the inception of the Corps in 1941, that there was a REME lanyard. Blue yellow and red, in that order, worn on the left shoulder in parade dress, when wearing battledress!! :?

6. the only thing that would come close was the Brat school corp colour's for sport

7. Do the RLC have a lanyard? Lol will be wearing theres in a few years, so nowt to worry about ;)

8. Gorbals, always nice to have a dig but you must be desperate to try in a topic about lanyards 8O

Anyway, if you look at which Corps has an awful lot of very senior officers floating in the corridors of power, I don't think RLC will be in the driving seat in any potential merger. Bet they wish they had not put the mockers on REME joining the RLC when it formed as they would have had the upper hand as a result of all the very senior RAOC officers that existed at the time :D

9. airborne reme wear a lanyard, its blue same as the medics

10. I once heard, don't know how true it is, that then reason we didn't have a Red Yellow Blue lanyard was because those were the colours of the ATS one (Not Apprentice Training School)

11. I did have a recent prototype of a new reme lanyard, my dog wears it now!

Didn't survive contact with the dress committee, and it did look gash.

12. I wore a REME lanyard on my No 2 Dress from 1964 to 1969 although I'm not sure how 'official' it actually was....!

Attached Files:

13. The RAMC lanyard isn't blue, it's dull cherry and worn on the right shoulder.

MsG

14. Is the blue one not for the Signals?

15. Didn't realise they had digital cameras then!!