REME Land Rover Wolf Advice Needed

WonDERR

Swinger
Is anyone out there familiar with both civvy Land Rover 300tdi Defenders (1994-98) and Land Rover Wolf XD 300tdis - specifically the fuel injector pumps and heater/blower fans?

Is the pin under the diaphragm on the Wolf fuel injector pump the same as the eccentric pin in the civvy 300tdis? If not, how does this affect performance (power, emissions and fuel consumption) and what is the part number?

Is the Wolf heater/blower fan the same as in the civvy 300tdis or has it been uprated? Again, if uprated, what is the part number?

thanks for any help anyone can give.

Better off asking Babcocks mate, they fix things now......

You mean the boost compensator ? I`d take the cover off (as you would with a civvy version!) and have a look , otherwise look the chassis number up on Microcat and compare part numbers.

No they don't we just give them tipper trucks full of cash to store our vehicles on their in park.
You are aware that Babcock marine is actually a retirement home for Matelots?

D

Deleted 146133

Rip it out and stick an Isuzu lump in. You can thank me later.

Is anyone out there familiar with both civvy Land Rover 300tdi Defenders (1994-98) and Land Rover Wolf XD 300tdis - specifically the fuel injector pumps and heater/blower fans?

Is the pin under the diaphragm on the Wolf fuel injector pump the same as the eccentric pin in the civvy 300tdis? If not, how does this affect performance (power, emissions and fuel consumption) and what is the part number?

Is the Wolf heater/blower fan the same as in the civvy 300tdis or has it been uprated? Again, if uprated, what is the part number?

thanks for any help anyone can give.
First take off the he boost compensater cover look in the hole and tut, them discard the cover open up the canvas cover at the back and fill with gasoline, all your money and your favourite wife/pet and then light it on fire, it sounds drastic but this method is cheaper and less painful than paying to have it repaired

diesel_jim

Swinger
I think you must have asked this question on LR4x4 and defender2, as the same question came up (and it's auite an obscure one to ask).
In case you've not seen the answer, the boost pin is the same on civvy and military spec engines (can't see why it would be different as it only adjust the boost pressure)

It's a good way to get some more power though, turn it about 1/4 turn (but mark it first so you have a reference point to return it to, or to see how far you've turned it)

WonDERR

Swinger
thanks diesel jim any idea what will that 1/4 turn will do for emissions and fuel consumption?

diesel_jim

Swinger
I've done it on the last few of Tdi's I've had. "they" (LR tuners) reccomend between 1/4 and 1/2 turn of the boost pin, combined with a tweek of the boost and the fuelling screw (that's the one in the end of the FiP, usually has a crimped on security seal thing on it.... easily removed with a pair of side cutters)

With those three things done (and possibly a larger intercooler if you're going to crank the boost up anywhere past 16 or so psi) I think you can be looking at an extra 20 or 30 bhp. You adjust the fuelling with the fuel screw, so you can make it thick black or none at all; you want to get it on the limit of none at all with the maximum "performance" increase... I've only ever measured it seat-of-pants way, not on a dyno/rolling road. I see plenty of people (usually driving chavved up disco 1's) with simex's and clouds of black smoke... no need to be chucking that lot out of the exhaust, it's giving no extra power and just making you look like a cock.

As for emmisions and fuel consumption, sorry I don't know. Whenever I've tweeked a Tdi I've usually driven it making use of said extra power, so economy doesn't really matter (to me). Emissions; always passed an MoT so I figure it's OK. and it takes just a minute with a 13mm spanner and screwdriver in the end of the fuelling screw to wind it back a little each time it has an MoT, so really not a problem.

Latest Threads