REME Hammer and Tongs cadet course

Hello

Im pretty new to this forum, so sorry if i get this in the wrong place.

For a while now ive been interested in REME as perhaps a career path, and being in the cadets heard of a REME course you can go on, ending with the Hammer and Tongs badge. Dispite huge and reasonably extensive searches on the internet i havent been able to find a single place with infomation about this course.

Anyone with any infomation who can point me in the right dircetion would be most appreciated.

s

:)

Topical, very topical. Someone's been reading...............

You'll probably find it in the same place as the joining instructions for cadet SAS Parachute training.
TB
8)

Teta said:
Hello

For a while now ive been interested in REME as perhaps a career path, and being in the cadets heard of a REME course you can go on, ending with the Hammer and Tongs badge. Dispite huge and reasonably extensive searches on the internet i havent been able to find a single place with infomation about this course.

Anyone with any infomation who can point me in the right dircetion would be most appreciated.

Cadet Rowan Coates

Teta said:
Hello

Cadet Rowan Coates
A pre-cursor for the course.

Can you read font 4?

If so, you're in.

why would a cadet want hammer and tongs?? does that mean that you can supervise other cadets while they fix their push irons??? :D

Is this a wah or have you been wahed?

The only course I know of which you speak is the tiffy course.

There were 2 Cadet courses run by the REME, one at Bordon one at Arborfield. The one at Bordon was basic mech, the one at Arborfield was intro to electronics-. Both for 2 weeks. No idea if they are still on.

chocolate_frog said:
Is this a wah or have you been wahed?

The only course I know of which you speak is the tiffy course.
The Hammer and Tongs is a trade badge, worn, t=if my memory still works , by 2nd and 1st Class "A" tradesmen below the rank od sergeant and also worn by Artificers. I cannot imagine it being available to ACF.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ventress The Intelligence Cell 0
H The Intelligence Cell 29
B The Intelligence Cell 2