REME Hammer and Tongs cadet course

Discussion in 'REME' started by Teta, Aug 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

Im pretty new to this forum, so sorry if i get this in the wrong place.

For a while now ive been interested in REME as perhaps a career path, and being in the cadets heard of a REME course you can go on, ending with the Hammer and Tongs badge. Dispite huge and reasonably extensive searches on the internet i havent been able to find a single place with infomation about this course.

Anyone with any infomation who can point me in the right dircetion would be most appreciated.

s

2. :)

Topical, very topical. Someone's been reading...............

3. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

You'll probably find it in the same place as the joining instructions for cadet SAS Parachute training.
    TB
    8)

4. A pre-cursor for the course.

Can you read font 4?

If so, you're in.

5. why would a cadet want hammer and tongs?? does that mean that you can supervise other cadets while they fix their push irons??? :D

6. Is this a wah or have you been wahed?

The only course I know of which you speak is the tiffy course.

7. I think perhaps you should post in the ACF forum mate.

8. There were 2 Cadet courses run by the REME, one at Bordon one at Arborfield. The one at Bordon was basic mech, the one at Arborfield was intro to electronics-. Both for 2 weeks. No idea if they are still on.

9. The Hammer and Tongs is a trade badge, worn, t=if my memory still works , by 2nd and 1st Class "A" tradesmen below the rank od sergeant and also worn by Artificers. I cannot imagine it being available to ACF.