REME (G) RUGBY - LETS GET IT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

Discussion in 'REME' started by Tiffy_Massive, Sep 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CALLING ALL REME CAPBADGED RUGBY PLAYERS IN GERMANY. Some of us are trying to get the Corps team off the ground again and need your help. It will be open to all Corps personnel interested in playing Corps level rugby. Trials will be held in Fallingbostel, Osnabruck and Paderborn in Nov this year. If you are good enough you will get into the squad.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD TO ALL REME RUGBY PLAYERS IN YOUR UNIT/GARRISON. DETAILS WILL BE SENT TO UNITS VERY SHORTLY AND HOPEFULLY WILL ALSO BE IN THE SIXTH SENSE AND ON BFBS RADIO.

The idea is to have 3 trial matches before christmas to select a squad, followed by 4 full fixtures after christmas ending with a tour somewhere nice. This is the chance for all those guys who moan about a click and not being in it to show how good they are, and get into the squad.

REME(G) Rugby has fallen off over the last few years, lets get it up and running again. :twisted:

2. Welcome back massive one - Good luck with this venture. Speak to J*** M***** in Dempsey Bks, he is still keen on this idea, he has just returned from Fiji with his unit side. Johnny Kama sends his regards to all us older guys. If you need any assistance give me a call - but be aware of my commitments for the next 12 months. Give my regards to your OC A*** T*****.

3. TM why dont you have a word with the hairy scotsman at Arborfiled about some of the ideas that we had for Corps rugby. I believe that some of those, like creating a more "club" atmosphere, may help to overcome the clique accusers and foster a real sense of togetherness. Good luck, I'd like to say I could help but have just had the gypsies that Im off to SEAE! After asking for field force on PP!!

4. Not much point in holding trials in Fally in Novemeber - probably better in SLB, Afghanistan and BLMF :)

5. Thanks for the reply Nige, but the guys in 2 RTR and those other small units in and around the triangle not deploying need a chance.
    We had thought about not bothering with a match up there, but if the interest is sufficient we are waiting to spring like an uncoiling thing.

6. If Corp Rugby starts again what about a supporters club for us old farts who would like to keep in touch?

7. More than happy with a supporters club Cairngorm.

Normal supporters rules apply. You will have to stand on the sideline cheering the guys on, then drink huge quantities of ale while talking utter bo****ks!!! Hoorah for the Corps.

8. Have spent a lifetime doing that already so it should be no problem.

9. How did the trials go? Interested to know as posed to Osnabruck in Feb and would love a run out!

10. easy.... ref your last .... why are you POSING in traz!!??

11. Easy
    Not had them yet, will be having them on - 23 Nov at 3Bn Paderborn, 30 Nov a 1 Bn Osnabruck and again for a probables v possibles on 7 Dec at 1 Bn Osnabruck. We have had to wait until then as most of the guys have been away in Poland and are not back until mid Nov.
    Will be playing 4 or 5 fixtures in the new year culminating in the Pegasus in UK the week before the Army Navy hopefully. Let me know if you want into the squad if you have still got it. You have my email details from before i think, if not let me know and i will send them via a PM.

As an point of interest for you and all other REME(G) hopefuls i have secured agreement for a max of 10 Germany based players for the Corps tour to South Africa next summer at a cost of about £300 per tourist. Those interested will have to show commitment throughout the season to secure a place, cos i intend taking one place and i'm sure one or 2 other alikadoos might want to bring the boots out of retirement for the trip.