REME Fitness

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by dozzyoaks, Jan 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any1 got any idea what the fitness requirements are for a reme vmb at ADSC?

2. LoL, errrm, at ADSC? Try, same as every other trade... :)

3. You must be able to quaff an egg banjo in one minute or less.

Carry out a weighted march (approx 1 bag of monster munch, an apple and a can of tango (Irun Bru if Scottish)) over a distance of 100 yards (Bordon naafi to block)

Be able to slag tech's off within two minutes of being in the army

Thats about it really but be prepared for "squats to p!ss" exercise routine from A mech's

4. LoL, so easy to be a VM these days, nothing like the selection for Reccy Mechs ;)

(INSTRUCTION FOR DIGESTION BY MONGS: Its called sarcasm...)

5. good cos hopefull i goin for reme vm

6. Can you open a beer bottle?

Good. You're in.

Thought VM was being changed to VME? That was what I heard through the grapevine about 3 years ago.

7. Forget what the book says the PSO's at ADSC are still looking for you to be well under 11.30 for your run. You also Must pass all the strenght tests and complete the water jerry can carry for all jobs such as RA, REME, RE.

Just remember that as a REME tradesman you can get posted to any unit so your fitness will reflect on the unit your posted to. Once you have passed basic training you will definately have to be under 10.30 for your run and in lots of units under 10 minutes as a minimum. My LAD at present it frowned upon if your running over 9.30 on the runs.

Some of the other comments are quite close to the mark aswell.

8. I remember hearing that when I went on my VMB1 in Singapore in 1966.