• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

REME fitness after phase 1.

Hi, I'm just wondering what the REME fitness is like after basic training?

I know that there will be alot of fitness but I was just wondering what it is like in comparison to the Royal Engineers?

Cheers.

G

gemsipot

After phase one you can just eat pies and not worry about fitness. You'll have a truck to drive you around.

The Sappers are the same but they need to do training on their neck muscles for the weight of the ridiculously big badge in their berets.

Hope this helps.
well you better keep PFA fit or you be on remedials , the choice is yours :)

Hi, I'm just wondering what the REME fitness is like after basic training?

I know that there will be alot of fitness but I was just wondering what it is like in comparison to the Royal Engineers?

Cheers.
Of all the posts you could put on here you put this one on, I have no doubt you will be target for many jibes ( i say this lightly ).

To answer your question (Seriously as well) what do you mean by comparison?

As REME we can be posted to many Regiments/Battalions in the Army! Will the PT at a Medic unit be easier than at an Engineers Unit? What if you went to a Parachute Regiment? Would that be harder? What if you went to a Royal Engineers Unit? Would that be easier than another Royal Engineer's Unit?

Simple answer..... every unit's PT differs from an other unit's and your unit's PT will differ during your time there.

Keep your phys at a decent level and adapt to whatever PT is being undertaken at your unit at the time.

Oh and most importantly.......Stop being a GIMP!!!!

Of all the posts you could put on here you put this one on, I have no doubt you will be target for many jibes ( i say this lightly ).

As REME we can be posted to many Regiments/Battalions in the Army! Will the PT at a Medic unit be easier than at an Engineers Unit? What if you went to a Parachute Regiment? Would that be harder? What if you went to a Royal Engineers Unit? Would that be easier than another Royal Engineer's Unit?

Simple answer..... every unit's PT differs from an other unit's and your unit's PT will differ during your time there.

Keep your phys at a decent level and adapt to whatever PT is being undertaken at your unit at the time.

As stated - keep your phys at a decent level.

Phase 2 is trade orientated but there is plenty of down time in evenings to keep on top of your own fitness.... or, eat pies.
you have 2 (pretty easy IMO) PT sessions a week and sports on wed afternoon - so you really need to keep up your own fitness otherwise you'll join the ranks of the fat and lazy - 19:30 PFA time is the worst ive heard of from the remedial lot!

Phase 2 is trade orientated but there is plenty of down time in evenings to keep on top of your own fitness.... or, eat pies.
you have 2 (pretty easy IMO) PT sessions a week and sports on wed afternoon - so you really need to keep up your own fitness otherwise you'll join the ranks of the fat and lazy - 19:30 PFA time is the worst ive heard of from the remedial lot!
'Kin hell! I hope they shot the f**ker that took 19:30?

Or was that the time of night they finished after starting at 08:00 hrs? :)

Cheers for that.

It possibly came across wrong but I was hoping the fitness would be kept up, not put down.

Going to Pirbright on the 3rd of April for phase 1 for VM and at the moment my fitness has gone down hill due to a few things, but as soon as the new year comes around I'm going to get back on to it.

Your fitness is a personal thing whatever unit you are at . You are **** all use to man nor beast if you are blowing out yr arrse just getting on parade . Have some pride and self respect and do your own phys instead of dossing on yr pit , playing FIFA 2011 etc etc ...
it s part of the job just as much as spanner wanking .

Cheers for that.

It possibly came across wrong but I was hoping the fitness would be kept up, not put down.

Going to Pirbright on the 3rd of April for phase 1 for VM and at the moment my fitness has gone down hill due to a few things, but as soon as the new year comes around I'm going to get back on to it.
Why wait for the New Year? get on it now, there can't be **** all reason why you can't go out and run, unless you've no time due to all the video games your playing.

Bordon is dull now for phys, i also know the 'fem' who takes 16 min at last effort i think to do the pfa. you need to keep on your own phys. i have struggled... well no its my own fault. i get myself down to a 10m pft time, then do nothing except the 2 time a week pt and a bit of something on a wednesday, then wonder why im runnin 11m.. and it is because i am a lazy fat f*ker and need to get off my arrse. they have started booting people who fail there cft in the big BCCS (matts and stuff short course) but this could just be the last straw for some Cfn, as they have been shit in overall course averages, or been on ROPs for 8 months e.t.c im sure some of you know who i am as you are reading this!

Bordon is dull now for phys, i also know the 'fem' who takes 16 min at last effort i think to do the pfa. you need to keep on your own phys. i have struggled... well no its my own fault. i get myself down to a 10m pft time, then do nothing except the 2 time a week pt and a bit of something on a wednesday, then wonder why im runnin 11m.. and it is because i am a lazy fat f*ker and need to get off my arrse. they have started booting people who fail there cft in the big BCCS (matts and stuff short course) but this could just be the last straw for some Cfn, as they have been shit in overall course averages, or been on ROPs for 8 months e.t.c im sure some of you know who i am as you are reading this!
Dunno what the fitness requirements are presently but I have 1 question:
If this is a person who is on their basic at Bordon it follows that they must recently have passed out of recruit training. How the **** did they pass out of recruit training? The fitness level does not drop by that much inside a year.

Soldiers no longer come out of phase 1 fit and raring to go like they were perhaps in the last generation. This, I believe, is down to their fitness levels before joining rather than a lack of training at Pirbright, Bassingbourne etc. The expectation now is that they will be for the field force by the time they finish Phase 2.
Unfortunately it seems that SEME and Worthy Down aren't great at doing this. Soldiers regularly come to my Bn (and the Bn I served at previously) unprepared for green PT and failing their mandatory tests. (& before anyone accuses me of bias, I can back it up with fact - not just pro SEAE, Deepcut ramblings).
tmjns - I suggest you get of your arse or you'll soon be facing a tough time. Nothing is worse than being labled a knacker or failing your PFT/CFT. You'll pretty soon be facing up to a 3 month warning order and the very real threat of discharge in the current climate. As for the fem with the abysmal PFT time, if she makes the field force then there's a lot of permanent staff in SEME who should hang their heads in shame!

G

gdm.bizkit

You need to keep on top of fitness I'f you want to concentrate on trade. At SEAE one lad just ran a 14:39 PFA and is now on a three month warning order and is constantly worrying about it. In today's situation the risk of being discharged is very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This surprised me a few years ago when i got a fat crafty in my unit he told me he had never passed a bpfa i was shocked its seems that its no longer a back squadding thing.

Latest Threads