REME Fam Visit

Discussion in 'REME' started by Chocolate Labrador, Feb 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone recently been on a REME fam visit, Either partaking or hosting, if so? What goes on? Any things to bear in mind? And generally the feelings of visits?
  2. Just moan about your parent unit undervaluing you and not treating you like one of their own and working you harder than everyone else and.....

You will fit right in :)
  3. How convenient, my unit does undervalue me and I do work harder than anyone else. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Are you referring to an RMAS Fam Visit?

If so I organised one last year.

What do you want to know?
  5. I'm not sure, they said I should organise one through the ACA but my OC could help, There's the REME open weekend this weekend and visits to Sandhusrt but I'm not sure if there's another one that just visits a unit.
  6. Sorry didn't mean to randomly crayon on here. Please ignore my last.
  7. Your OC of what? Are you OTC, an RMAS OCdt, TA? Meet us halfway fella.

REME Officer recruitment is run from Arborfield. They organise various events for the RMAS cadets.
  8. Sorry, I read it as REME farm visit.
    Thought they were doing a bit of contracting out, working on combine harvesters etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. We normally do when it comes to your posts Jim :)

Reference REME Farm visits you have taken me back to my Full screw days of getting the sproggy Cfn dressed up in donkey jackets and carrying shovels on OC Monday morning stables parades.....Oh how the ASM loved our little bits of Cfn motivation techniques.
    • Like Like x 1