REME class one quals

Discussion in 'REME' started by Crafty990, Dec 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the civvie qualification gained on completion of VM class one training?
    While I'm on this, has anyone ever joined the Society of Engineers? If so, what benefits have they enjoyed if any?

2. Before you decide on the SoE, have a look at the IET too. Their mag is far better!

3. Advanced Modern Apprenticeship in Engineering, NVQ Level3 Automotive Engineering I believe.

SoE, you would enjoy someone taking your money for a perceived service and possibly a return.

4. Spot on....

5. Cheers for that lads, so no real benefits to joining the SOE? It's about 80 quid a year aswell isn't it? Cheeky buggers.

6. REME have been pushing people towards their own professional development for some time now. The costs at the moment are quite high (if you consider 80GBP a year a lot), but the benefits are worth it, especially once you come to leave.

I have been a member of the IET for a few years now and am already starting to network with people in the trade and also gain a privileged insight into what I see as a second career following leaving the REME. I still have 9 years left to serve too!

The IET has also helped me gain membership with the Engineering Council UK for recognition, which almost all employers in the trade recognise.

7. Since Tetlow left bizarrely enough. ;)

8. I ended up with 3 cgli quals and an NVQ level 3 in engineering maintenance