REME Bns v ECI

Discussion in 'REME' started by bipolar, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard that one of our illustrious REME Bns' is having its show again ECI as we speak following its rather poor 1st attempt late last year.
    Thing is, does anyone really care as it would appear that only 1st line units get torured and Bn 's do not have to toe the party line.
    Whats the betting they scrape through will a politically correct yellow/amber.
    Shouldn't they be the shining lights and subject matter experts and be an example to all?

2. Welcome to Earth. I assume you've just popped in from another dimension. When you go home, please feel free to take a REME Bn with you. Because misery loves company.

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Excellent response - couldn't find anything to add to that! :dance:

4. Why thank you, I try to please.

5. I'm sorry, am a bit lost.

Is the original poster suggesting that Bn's are somehow exempt from ECIs? Or that there is some kind of shadowy deal with Land so that they don't actually have to bother working for them?

Does that mean I don't have to continually monitor standards/processes/ECD etc etc etc ad nauseum?

WTF is the problem with Bn's? Why do people look upon them as some kind of penal posting or place where only the sick lame and lazy (of which I only fill one category - you decide) get posted?

Once again a post that takes a kick at fellow members of the Corps which is grounded in myth and inaccuracies. I wonder why other Arms view us as being disloyal to each other on so many levels? Can we have another thread on techs v mechs or tiffy v artisan or LE v DE etc etc etc etc etc yawn yawn bl00dy yawn.

Did I mention Im posted?

6. No.

7. I may have it wrong but I think the original post implied that as the so called subject matter experts a REME Bn should be expected to get a green.
    After all if the inspecting teams own Corps can't get it right it kind of makes it hypocritical to slaughter the rest of the field army over this pointless inspection.......

As you can probably tell, I haven't been posted to an ECI team..... :D

8. the so called subject matter experts

Who said REME are the SMEs???

9. Hang on Sparky as you imply, all those threads have been done to death so why not Gyros v Doner ? (On which a lot of us are SME's) :)

Im posted soon Sparky, 1 UK Civ Div, can't ferkin wait :p