REME Association Shooting Group

Hi all,
I have been speaking to Association RHQ on the idea of an Association Shooting Group. I messaged (extract follows) and got a very supportive response on all points, would this be of interest to anyone here? As you might know RHQ have recently considered ways to rejuvenate the Association with Community Groups being one of the options to widen the activity base, they and I think this might be a good option of that type. We also have a a former LE officer and retired Lt Col, works at Bisley who RHQ think will be delighted to help as he can.

Just to note, this is the first step to exploring wider interest (I will be going to other forums and the Crafstman magazine too) so I have no idea yet if there will be sufficient interest to make it a goer.

"...Initially this would be for small bore Target Rifle but could be expanded to other disciplines if demand develops. The group would be open to Association Members who are active shooters possessing appropriate certification, Firearms Certificate and equipment. It would also be delightful to have current serving REME personnel who shoot small bore involved too.

Of course due to life demands I imagine members would meet only a few times a year to shoot, possibly at Bisley which seems the obvious venue option.

Thinking on how this might help connect the old world to the new, an end of year competition between the group and the REME shooting team with winner’s trophy and Craftsman Magazine article is something that occurs."

ugly

LE
Postal leagues are an easy way to start but can be a pain to administer. I recon we would spot them at Bisley, big tents, brown dustcoats and the list of excuses on the door. That and the perverts will be too busy to shoot!

I don't shoot smallbore competitions any more since I left brat school - but certainly I'd be interested in some full bore stuff - Civilian Service Rifle or F Class type competitions should be simple to sort out at Bisley. Any excuse for extra range time is a plus in my book.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Why not make use of the existing Army Target Shooting Club, and create a REME section within it? They run (or certainly used to run) a smallbore postal competition over the winter.

It also avoids the nausea that is Home Office Approval, etc, etc...

ugly

LE
The hardest club to join as ex services!

Why not make use of the existing Army Target Shooting Club, and create a REME section within it? They run (or certainly used to run) a smallbore postal competition over the winter.

It also avoids the nausea that is Home Office Approval, etc, etc...
Sounds like a good idea thanks. I'll put it into the mix and look at contacting them to see how it might help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E REME 6
D Old & Bold 10
O REME 3