REME Association needs your help

E

EScotia

In The Corps magazine this month is a letter explaining how the Association is taking a look at how relevant it is in a changing world.

A thorough review is taking place and views and opinions from everyone that is currently serving or has served in REME are welcomed, encouraged and needed.

An anonymous survey can be found at www.surveymonkey.com/r/REME_Assoc_2015 and responses cannot identify you nor can they be attributed to you.

There is also a way to participate by taking part in a telephone call and talking in more depth of your thoughts on the future of the REME Association, again purely on a voluntary basis. This has been outsourced to Hall Associates who will conduct the telephone calls so as to get an unbiased outcome. All that is needed is for you to provide a contact telephone number and an idea of when it would be convienient to call. To set this call-back up please email - REMEHQ-Association@mod.uk

Obviously not everyone is on the internet so the Association would appreciate everyone to encourage anyone and everyone they know to get involved. If people cannot access the internet the Association can be contacted on 01189763219.

Nobby_REME

War Hero
Hall Associates met with the Bristol Branch Chairman and Secretary last Thursday prior to our monthly meeting, we are working with 105 Bn REME to try to foster the Regular, Reserve and Retired (3 R's) ethos that is seen as the way ahead.
If you are in the Bristol area and interested in finding out more, we meet the last Thursday of the month (less December) at the Army Reserve Centre Keynsham. We have a vibrant outlook on life and enjoy a laugh and a drop of something foaming together.

Well something needs to change, went along to the Brighton branch a few years ago with my dad (also retired REME), full of pretentious, rank conscious, decrepit zeolites, never again, rather go down The Legion!

WHEN did you go to the Brighton branch? I've been a member of it since 1991 and certainly don't remember any father and son turning up. By the nature of the beast most members are in their 60s, with a range of ex-ranks from craftsman up to one ex-officer. We manage a wide variety of social events and involve wives and partners where possible. I would really love to know what period of the branch's existence you are talking about because it's not the branch I know.

WHEN did you go to the Brighton branch? I've been a member of it since 1991 and certainly don't remember any father and son turning up. By the nature of the beast most members are in their 60s, with a range of ex-ranks from craftsman up to one ex-officer. We manage a wide variety of social events and involve wives and partners where possible. I would really love to know what period of the branch's existence you are talking about because it's not the branch I know.
It was about 15 years ago, like I said, one visit was enough

Nobby_REME

War Hero
Perhaps you should give it another go, the Legion these days is more likely to be full of associate members with no affiliation to the Armed Forces and a load of old blokes like those you have shunned.

The REME Association will not survive if former members of the Corps dont support it.

Arte et Marte

If you do decide to return, we meet on the third Tuesday of every month at the Lancing RBL - next meeting tonight. If you still don't like it, you can always stay in the legion and drink. I would dearly love to meet you and discuss who p1ssed you off so badly last time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiona_TG REME 6
D Old & Bold 10
O REME 3

Latest Threads