REME Armourer Security Clearance

Discussion in 'REME' started by CC_TA, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening Arrsers.

Quick question on security vetting for you.

What is the normal security clearance level for an Armourer?

I'm filling out job applications for civvy street and was wondering what level us Armourer types normally get checked out at.

Cheers peoples.

2. if you dont know I suggest that you are sc cleared only, due to the fact that dv involves interviews etc

3. Cheers BP - must be SC, the only interviews I ever got were the; "We might as well get your side of the story for what it's worth!" type interviews.

4. CC - it's SC clearance.

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

CC be aware that the security clarance you have may not be transferable/valid.

Officially you should re-do SC every 10 years, a lot of places (including the military) don't bother if you are in the same job, but obviously this may affect it being transfered...also some places just don't transfer across.

It's nothing to worry about, but you may just have to fill in the damn forms again, and this time round they are worse...I'm up to about my 8th set on the last job change, although transfering clearance has gotten better in the last few years.

S_R

6. Not if you're trying to contract for EDS.......muppets all of them.

7. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I filled the forms in then was told they could transfer the clearance for my current job....

Even worse....I filled in the forms for DV (which is very long winded) then was told they weren't going to go ahead and complete the vetting....arrrgh

S_R

8. Cheers one and all, think I might just leave it blank for now - if they want to know anything else they can give me more forms to fill in.

9. PM away me old fruit too. Check your inbox.