REME 39 Engineer Regiment

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Adrian1411, Jul 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I'm interested in joining the army and the REME regiment in particular. I'm wondering if anyone could give me any information about the 39 Engineer Regiment in Kinloss? If successful in selection, I would like to return to Scotland if possible and found out that REME workshop is a part of 39, what is their job and are there any other any REME engineering units in Scotland?

Thanks for any insight or info, it will be greatly appreciated.
    1. There’s no way you can count on Glasgow according you the posting you request.
    2. The REME workshop at Kinloss is tiny – there are only about 20 of them, most of them are full screws and just a couple of crafties.
    3. Broaden the horizons of where you think it would be acceptable to be – or consider a different career?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hi lmago

Thanks for taking the time to read the post and get back to me with the info.

My horizons have already been broadened with a prior enlistment in the navy and I have visited and worked in 3 of the 4 world's continents, having said that if I'm successful in selection I would preferably like to come back to Scotland but willing to work anywhere.

Thanks again for the info, it was much appreciated.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  3. PM sent
  4. 20 blokes in a wksp? I think you might find that the manning will be closer to 70.

On the REME in Scotland question, 39 is the largest regular unit. However the 4 infantry Bns also based there do have attached tradesmen in LADs.

If you can wait till 2015 2 Bn REME & Scots DG will be established at Leuchars following their move back from Germany.

5. Hi Wee Jock

Unfortunately I can't wait until then because I'm close to the upper age limit. I shall look further into that regiment though, thanks for the info.
  6. Put in for 2Bn (Fallingbostel) and you'll be moving up that neck of the woods with them no doubt - Good luck!
  7. NEVER join the Army hoping to be posted to a particular location. APC just don't give a **** about where you go.

Unless you are a welfare oxygen thief who is about as much use to the Army as tits on a fish and should have been discharged years ago. In that case, you get the posting of your choice, a get out of tour free card and reduced working hours, in contrast to the hard working chaps who give a **** who just get perennially screwed over.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welfare oxygen thief?

I was asking about the possibilities of a posting in Scotland, not opinions on people unfortunate enough to be on JSA...

If you haven't noticed, our politicians have been making cuts left, right and center! I'm pretty sure that some of your colleagues may have been unlucky to be put out of a job and forced into signing on and becoming 'oxygen welfare thieves!'
  9. Why would you want to join the Army then stay at home?

Particularly when home is Scotland???

Maybe you should join the TA if you're scared of commitment.
  10. Not scared of commitment...

I already have an enlistment in the navy under my belt, I was enquiring if it's possible to return to Scotland if I was to enlist in the army.

11. That's my point though, why would you want to join the Army and still pop to your mums for your tea?
  12. Have you considered RE Geo as a trade? They're based down South it's true but I'm sure with your abilities you'll find yourself in Scotland in no time.
  13. What's RE geo?

I'm looking at electrical technician and just put in my application the other day. I feel it would allow me to gain more technical qualifications and experience.

• Like Like x 1