Remake of The Dambusters film

Sixty said:
vvaannmmaann said:
Ruckerwocman said:
vvaannmmaann said:
I'm waiting for someone to mention Broadsword and Danny Boy.
:? Surely the movie under discussion is "The Dam Busters" and not "Where Eagles Dare" ? :? Mind you I did have the hots for Heidi the beer wench/Allied undercover agent. :wink:

Let the dog be called "n***er". That was the name Gibson gave the dog and the dog wasn't offended. Quite the contrary actually.
Tongue was firmly in cheek.
Some idiots on here always gets the two confused,and mis-quote. :D
I refuse to believe that anyone could get Dambusters confused with The Eagle Has Landed.
As I said.Some people get very confused.

Max Arthur wrote a very enlightening book on the Dam Busters. Max has been alleged to drink the occasional dram with Stephen Fry, the screen writer for this film. Add to the mix, Peter Jackson and that's a formidable trio in the development of this project.

I reckon it's going to be a cracker of a movie.

Alec_Lomas said:
Max Arthur wrote a very enlightening book on the Dam Busters. Max has been alleged to drink the occasional dram with Stephen Fry, the screen writer for this film. Add to the mix, Peter Jackson and that's a formidable trio in the development of this project.

I reckon it's going to be a cracker of a movie.
I bought the book on Saturday. It's a good follow up on his Forgotten Voices series. Dog was called n***er. Get over it

And good news for Hollywood is that the pilot of PJ-Q (hastily replaced by PJ-T on the night of the raid) was New York born American, Joe McCarthy RCAF

Looking forward to the music - Got to keep the Dambusters March.

Wonder if they will film around Reculver Towers where they practised for the actual raid. The hotel they stayed at in Beltinge, called the Miramar, is an OAP residence now.

EX_STAB said:
This archival footage of trials will be of interest. The precision with which the bomb is dropped at 1:16 to stop right in front of the aiming point with spectators only a few yards away is staggering!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JqBiMgC2Wg

The crash is apparently an A26 on trials in the USA.
Thanks for that. Why did the person who made this video use the theme from 633rd Squadron instead of the Dam Busters March though? :?

Surely this Brits obsession of reliving World War Two through movies might upset the Deutchers and uttie Merkel.:cool:o_O

Don't think so.
The whole dog business put the kibosh on it.
However, the digitally enhanced version, with a new score, is due out very soon.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/photos-that-make-you-think.271658/page-111#post-8440111

Did the death of Sir David Frost also put a kibosh on it?
He was a big supporter and backer of the project.

Although I have to ask will it be any better than the original using proper planes and guys who were there?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bill4725 The NAAFI Bar 120
Rodney2q The NAAFI Bar 167
Mr_Fingerz The NAAFI Bar 279