Remains of 3 MIA US SF Recovered from VIetnam War in Laos

Excellent but sad news.

P-T

They died when I was less than 4 weeks old. I'm glad they are coming home with the honours they deserve.

It is good to see so much effort put into bringing them home. The burying them with full militry honours, is deserved!

I have to say that I was surprised that there is still 1708 MIA's.

Now, they and their families can rest in peace.

It is good to see these guys going home at last and get the respect and honours that they deserve.

I was told that the reason why there were so many MIA's during the Vietnam war, was because unless there was an eyes on confirmation of KIA, the officers at the time preferred to list them as MIA, as their families would get a better pension on the possibility of them being alive.

I am not sure on how true this is, but I have always believed that this sounds plausible.

Marvellous effort America. Well done.

Good drills America !

It kinda begs the question as to how many British and/or commonwealth service personnel are still MIA from conflicts post WW2 ?

D_B

Good drills America !

It kinda begs the question as to how many British and/or commonwealth service personnel are still MIA from conflicts post WW2 ?

D_B
I think there are still 2 ozzy MIA from Vietnam there are bound to be some commonwealth missing from korea and were the 2 SAS guys that were killed and mutilated in Aden ever completely recovered

The Defense POW/Missing Personnel Office (DPMO) is responsible for establishing and overseeing policies on the rescue of living Americans and the recovery of the remains of those who are missing in action from foreign battle fields.

Vision: The fullest possible accounting of those who become missing due to hostile action while pursuing U.S. national objectives abroad.

Mission: Establish the most favorable conditions and conduct operations to account for persons missing in past conflicts, and prepare to account for those who remain missing following current and future conflicts.
Extract from the link at the bottom of JJH's link.

RIP

I spent three years in the early '90s as the SrTm Ldr and as the Ops Officer searching for POW/MIA from the Vietnam War in Indochina and from WW2 in the South Pacific. Best job I ever had. None will ever compare.
Thanks for your efforts-I still have a close friend MIA (POTTS, LARRY FLETCHER Compiled by Task Force Omega Inc ) who was shot down as I was enroute to relieve him on station and hope for his return some day.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
do MIA's still get paid ? if not how long do they have to be missing before it stops ? Just wondered .