Remains of 3 MIA US SF Recovered from VIetnam War in Laos

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Oct 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent but sad news.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

They died when I was less than 4 weeks old. I'm glad they are coming home with the honours they deserve.
  3. It is good to see so much effort put into bringing them home. The burying them with full militry honours, is deserved!

I have to say that I was surprised that there is still 1708 MIA's.

Now, they and their families can rest in peace.
  4. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

It is good to see these guys going home at last and get the respect and honours that they deserve.

I was told that the reason why there were so many MIA's during the Vietnam war, was because unless there was an eyes on confirmation of KIA, the officers at the time preferred to list them as MIA, as their families would get a better pension on the possibility of them being alive.

I am not sure on how true this is, but I have always believed that this sounds plausible.
  5. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Welcome home lads. RIP.
  6. Marvellous effort America. Well done.
  7. Good job, well done USA.
  8. Good drills America !

It kinda begs the question as to how many British and/or commonwealth service personnel are still MIA from conflicts post WW2 ?

9. Good to know the Americans don't forget their fallen soldiers. RIP.
  10. I think there are still 2 ozzy MIA from Vietnam there are bound to be some commonwealth missing from korea and were the 2 SAS guys that were killed and mutilated in Aden ever completely recovered
  11. Extract from the link at the bottom of JJH's link.

12. Never ceases to impress me the lengths they go to recover and indentify their war dead.

13. Thanks for your efforts-I still have a close friend MIA (POTTS, LARRY FLETCHER Compiled by Task Force Omega Inc ) who was shot down as I was enroute to relieve him on station and hope for his return some day.