REM - Splitting up

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by marco_poloroid, Sep 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After 31 years they're calling it a day. I guess they quit while they were ahead. RIP Stipe,Buck and Mills.

2. It was reported that Michael Stipe loved to bathe in Muller yoghurt.

That's him in the Corner.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Can't believe the pi$$ taking took that long to surface. Actually, I thought you were going in an ENTIRELY different direction with that one. I think you know what I mean.

4. Well they can't be short of a bob or two.

5. And deservedly. The music they made is half a world away from the garbage cranked out today. See what I did there?

6. It's the end of the world as we know it.

7. I thought the Lead-singer from REM always liked a spilt-up.................

8. takes me back to basic,listening to loseing my Religion,Happy fekin days

9. Really sorry but they are one group which make me actually change the radio channel over if I hear them. I don't know what it is but there's something about them that really grips my shit and his voice gets right on my tits. They were a hugely sucessful band etc etc but personally I can't stand them and am glad to see the back of them.

10. Fair enough, horses for courses. Whoops, I seem to have slipped over into the cliche thread!
    I do agree that REM were a Marmite band though.

11. Cant really get much more basic than you already are.

And just to clarify, The Fonz wrote "Happy Feckin Days".

12. Aleegee,save it for the Naffii

13. I like REM but I know what you mean, anything by Duffy and my shit starts itching, it's just the pitch of her voice.

14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

they were allright for a while when they were fresh but then stipe went through a bono phase or at least thats how it appeared at this end with the same stuff being rechurned out.

I never worked out the lyric 'Ive got my pride, I've got my orange squash' though

15. Orange Crush was a reference to Agent Orange. Didn't ever think about what the words actually meant, though.