relocating entitlements to BFG

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by redwhiteandblue, Feb 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. can anyone tell me what i am entitled to for a move to Germany.
    i am married with 2 kids and will be moving in the next few weeks. I keep getting fobbed with the pay yourself and keep reciepts number but a move across there is not excactly just round the corner. my removals are squared but as for hotels, ferries and eating is concerned what am i supposed to do for that?
    how many days at either end am i entiltled to for hotels or relatives to live with?
  2. in the process of relocating and yes it is pay up front keep the receipts and claim at new unit......I've got 3 nights in hotels also pay up front submit receipts......

  3. I thought you got distubance allowance to pay for this up front?
  4. you do..... :plotting: but still entitled to claim for hotels meals ferries etc etc......
  5. Wrong, you need to appraoch your travel clerk and book accm through the CHBS and then approach your FSA to obtain an advance to pay for the hotel's on a MOD F 300. You can also claim upto 100% advance for all food as well, but, you must spend it all on food. You can only book accm through CHBS or you will be capped.

    You can stay upto 10 days in a hotel either side, eg 3 days uk 7 days germany, also longer if you have exceptional circumstances.

    Remember to keep all receipts or else you will pay it back.
  6. I will purge myself later! I booked my hotels through CHBS so can I have a smiley face??
    Thanks for the correct procedure I'll pass it on ....... :sweatdrop:
  7. have done this through travel clerk and am getting 3 days in Uk and 4 days in Germany, paying for my food and ferry upfront and getting claims back through pay office when i get to BFG.
  8. I think you will find that you are not entitled to claim for the ferry journey. If i remember rightly you are only entitled to claim MMA from you current base location in the UK to the recognised departure airfield ie Birmingham. This is because the official recognised route to move you and your familiy to Germany is by the air trooping system between Birmingham and Munster or Hannover. I would go and check this with you RAO/Pay office because i have a feeling that when you get to Germany they will fob you off and only pay the MMA stated above.

    Hope this helps.
  9. the gimp is right on the ferry journey you will not get very much in the way of MMA, as for the accomodation booking with CHBS will give your claim more substance and you can claim upto 10 days or more if the circumstances wont get you into your MQ in Germany quickly (I recently got 14 days) as for food keep all the recipts and claim as much as you can upto the limit. Get the clerks at the other end to check your claim and question them as to any entitlements.

    Get all your admin done as soon as possible when you arrive, ID cards, shopping permits and BFG your car to get the tax free fuel and then enjoy Germany.